Minstrel's Nowadays?

O

o_O

Hey, have had my account closed for some time now... and I was thinking of taking up my lvl 37 highlander minstrel and push towards 50 after playing Shadowbane for some time and being dissapointed with that game...

How are minstrels doing nowadays (been xxxxxxxxxx patches since I last played a 50 minstrel in RvR).

What spec's are most viable these days, I reckon without a buffbot a stealth/solo mincer is quite useless so grouping must be the way to go right? So not speccing any stealth at all or very little stealth must be most viable?

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated especially by the experienced minstrels that's been there for some time and know how their class has been changing with the patches.

thx in advance.

O

o_O

39 slash
50 instruments
18 stealth

viable or suckey, comments, flames, anything?

M

mawina_HB

50 inst
29+ slash
rest stealth

29 to get the ametyst slash. If your trust dunno - probably a trust style wich is a must have. Then rest stealth.

M

mawina_HB

50 inst
29+ slash
rest stealth

29 to get the ametyst slash. If your trust dunno - probably a trust style wich is a must have. Then rest stealth.

K

Karnage

You would want 25 stealth to get climb walls though, its fun to climb up over the top and mezz all the buggers :)

O

old.LandShark

Without a buffbot you can either spec for soloing and be a total masochist, ala Rure, or you can go 50inst, 26stealth 34slash ;>
Best ablative and as good melee as you'll find on any solo minstrel, with just enough stealth to climb walls. Hell, 26+15 (R5) is decent enough stealth for anything except passing milegate areas and hiding from a group. (i.e. group sees you unstealthed, you stealth, with 34+16 they won't find you and with 26+16 they almost certainly WILl find you)

Oh, and notice no-one's said thrust yet. Well, there's a damn good reason for that :great:

D

Danya

Rure needs more +stealth I saw him from a mile off. :p

R

rure

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Without a buffbot you can either spec for soloing and be a total masochist, ala Rure, or you can go 50inst, 26stealth 34slash ;>

haha :)

Unbuffed minstrels are actually able to kill peeps nowadays.. or mebbe I am just lucky

famous about my crappy stealth... grr.. it should be about my totally 1337 r0x0r skills. :rolleyes:

I should be happy at least I am famous/notorius about one thing :p

/edit Lemme finish the Lost Treasure quest and my stealth will land at 42 in total... it will improve it a bit at least

O

old.LandShark

Sod ablatives, I get too much of a kick of walking around inside hib groups hugging people and not dying =P

Rure: you honestly telling me you ever beat a buffed SB, for example, without using half a gazillion active RAs or something? :p

R

rure

Sod ablatives, I get too much of a kick of walking around inside hib groups hugging people and not dying =P

Rure: you honestly telling me you ever beat a buffed SB, for example, without using half a gazillion active RAs or something? :p

lol hell no :)

I cant even solo a buffed NS. But most unbuffed are no probs... I cant solo heroes or zerks either

S

skile

Wyvernfang at 44. But you need to be autotrained to get 50 intruments and 44 thrust/slash I think.

S

syri

Originally posted by o_O
39 slash
50 instruments
18 stealth

that's the exact spec i have...
can probably be seen a mile off, but give a pretty decent fight as long as don't get stunned... absorb doesn't seem to work while stunned :(

D

darbey

Specs have already been discussed above so ill leave that for now. I have to say i dont play my minstrel rvr cos i consider them a broken class UNLESS u are a high rank or have a decent buff bot. My dd resist least 40% of the time and when they do hit im lucky if i do 220 combined with the resists, my 9 sec stun in reality is about 3 or 4 seconds and more often than not im dead before i switched to my so uber weapons damage. To stand any chance i need a pet which negates all my other abilities. Im still not sure what giving the wall climb abilities etc was meant to achieve, climb up and mezz them with a 5 sec casting mezz?

Im sure there will be differing opinions but thats mine as it is at the moment. In retrospect id definately go with high instrumen spec for grping.

B

Belomar

you can go 50inst, 26stealth 34slash ;>
Hmm, Landshark, why would you go for the 34 slash style which is second in a block chain and which you virtually never will get off in RvR? It's not as if the extra 4 or 5 points of slash skill will give you a lot of weaponskill, the below URL also shows that minstrel melee damage levels out after 30 slash. I chose to invest those points into stealth for Safe Fall III instead (and I'm not even a soloist!).

Minstrel slash report: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=45157184&replies=35

A

adari

rure will be walking around with buffs soon tho ^

O

old.Filip

im having immensly fun with my minser atm ...

DD cost less..
i can climp inside keep's
my abalative is uber vs noob groups who dont assist.. or when the bof runs
Demezzing can really turn the tide in figths..
etc etc ...

i still dont try to kill any ... i play him as 100% support means .. if the casters are unmessed i give em 1 dd from time to time to interupt ... stun fleeing targets .. most casters have lower magic resists than tank's (unless they got the uber SC set)

my spec is 50/30/30 ... safefall 3 have safed me many times as i fly out of the keep with nukes bruning my butt off ...

im allso respeced to slash even though im sarcen gimp.. this means i cant kill a fly unbuffed ... but hopefully you are buffed in the group.. (unbuffed weaponskill is 669... buffed 1040+)

so i think ... group minsers rox ... and i have so much fun playing him ...

Filip
Minser of HB

edit:
moments of glory are when i'm inside DC in the tower killing a luri who set up a trebuceth and LA pops inside ... Hit SOS and rocket though em in yard and up the stairs and out of the wall ..

bum ti bum mucho fun ....

J

jilson

Originally posted by o_O
39 slash
50 instruments
18 stealth

Go this one - No questions asked

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Filip
im allso respeced to slash even though im sarcen gimp.. this means i cant kill a fly unbuffed ... but hopefully you are buffed in the group.. (unbuffed weaponskill is 669... buffed 1040+)
Ouch and I thought my weaponskill was bad. :eek:

BTW to the person saying about climb walls... try climbing in and hitting stuff with your sword. I've killed quite a few people inside keeps. Helps if you work with infs and other minstrels. ;)

N

Nightchill

50/30/30 and loving it :) can solo fine + safe fall III has been v.useful.

L

legaoniel.old

Mincer lub

Dredging this old one up for just 2 questions - why slash not thrust, and which race should I go? Got a non levelled 24 mincer which I can re-roll now /level is in, but he's a saracen thruster.

Thoughts?

K

kirennia

thrust is only good if you take it to 50 for dragonfang. And well thats only good if you evade often and dont have a personal stun anyways :p

i.e. it just does less damage overall

A

Arnor

(unbuffed weaponskill is 669... buffed 1040+)

:eek2:

thats over 1000 less fullbuffed and 800ish less unbuffed then Arnor, how will I EVER manage? :uhoh:

N

necrofill

go thrust if u want to kill healers and shamans and for hib it r neutral else go for slash coz leather and studded on mid is vurnerable (means: savages, sbs, zerker) and hib scale is also vurnerable to it (means: heros, champoins, druid and wardens) but hib leather and reinforced (studded) is resistant against slash.

else check rvr melee resist here: http://camelot.allakhazam.com/weapon_effect.html

K

kin

1000 seems very low, i think i got 1200+ on scout buffed which is
saracen too.

T

Thamiles

Im thrust, no stealth. Find it good for groups...cant solo anything even when buffed tho.
Well greycons.

S

syri

i respecced to 50 30 30 to try this climb walls lark, not too keen on it though. giv back my 50 39 18!
i mainly prefer groups, but i can make the odd solo kill wandering in hw or odins. mainly goes down to luck for 1v1 though, and how often evade kicks in :)

H

hotrat

Safe fall 2 allows you to fall off a keep wall or a mile gate and only lose like 2% hits. If you jump as well its about 10%.

I'm spec'd 50 inst 34 slash 26 stealth, this 50, 39, 18 spec looks interesting though, as does thrust again, although the reason i spec'd away from thrust was the lack of a decent anytime :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom