Minstrel

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
wich is best to go as a Briton minstrel Slash or thrust ? buffed i have more dex then str and since slash is str based and thrust is dex/str is thrust a better choice?

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Depending on your final spec, a lot of minstrels go slash because it has a great anytime style at 29 spec.

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
In my opinion slash is a great choice no matter what race. As a mincer you will only have around 30 weapons spec, that being so the best style you could possibly have would be amy slash. Nice dmg, great hit bonus, which is useful because of your low weapon skill.

Slash also means you have access to the better artifact and drop choices. Battler is a great rouge weapon, the accuracy proc is very useful and the absorb tap really has a noticible affect. Added to that it is relatively easy to get and level. Its stats are great too, and importantly it has no hits or con on it so u won't debuff yourself when you swap from weapon to instrument.

There are loads of other great slash weapons, gale weapons, sun weapons etc etc.

My mincer was designed to be a thruster and I have been up until ToA, I like thrust but it does lack a decent anytime style, when solo that is not the greatest disadvantage, but for more hectic group battles only having to spam one button is nice and only worrying if you are close enought to hit rather then being in the right position is nice. Though it does have the better positionals and an off evade chain. Though the off evade chian has a stun component so will make opponents immune to your stun shout.

Right now I am loving slash, but If they ever feel like upping Sting's dmg and reducing its end cost I would go back to thrust, but I doubt that will ever happen, because I think Mythic have stalled on their style review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom