Minstrel spec...

Anarki

Fledgling Freddie
Hello...

just wondering which spec is best for a stealth minstrel?

I am 50Inst 29slash 31 stealth atm... im hitting like a gimp, and i thought maybe i should respec...

If i had:
44instr 32 stealth 37 slash (9 skill points left)
45instr 33 stealth 35 slash (0 skill points left)

Anyone got any ideas?

or is 50/29/31 the best spec atm?

help me out here! :D

Duzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Anarki said:
Hello...

just wondering which spec is best for a stealth minstrel?

I am 50Inst 29slash 31 stealth atm... im hitting like a gimp, and i thought maybe i should respec...

If i had:
44instr 32 stealth 37 slash (9 skill points left)
45instr 33 stealth 35 slash (0 skill points left)

Anyone got any ideas?

or is 50/29/31 the best spec atm?

help me out here! :D

Minstrel is a support class, they are not made to do shitloads of dmg. Although, it has nasty DDs, and I wouldnt say they hit like gimps.

My specc, with autotrain though is 50 inst, 33 stealth and 30 slash, works ok.

Just get a nice gun and you'll do nice dmg ;)

shizkebab

Fledgling Freddie
44 Instruments
42 Thrust
25 Stealth

Work's ok for me and i stealth alot.
Shizbert
etc etc

HIB/EXCAL
Theofix FOTMBrehon
Shieru
etc etc

Spathi

Fledgling Freddie
aye, minstrels hit like gimps in melee if you compare them to all other stealth classes that dont use a 1h + shield (with no shield spec btw)... eg. 50 dw/la infs, rangers, sbs / 50 spear hunters.

If you want to do a lot of damage and win solo fights fast, you should play a true fighter or a true stealther.

Minstrels, like skalds, can easily kill almost all stealthers and casters (BD's are sometimes possible with some luck and a pet) in fair 1vs1 and then pretty much anyone else if you are lucky and know how to kite :) With IP and SoS up, or a high level buffed pet you can even kill high RR det tanks and with the cc abilities its perfectly possible (although stressful) to kill 2 or 3 at once.

Besides, you cant say minstrels hit like gimps as even with capped body resists I hit targets for at a minimum 200 & 160 damage with dd's every 15 seconds, you have an ablative chant that absorbs 70 damage every 10 seconds, you can instantly stun someone for 9 seconds - you can mez someone for 30 seconds... RvR with a minstrel isnt about quick fights, its about taking less damage than them, and dealing more damage over time.

I am specced 50 instruments - you really cant miss out on the level 50 ablative chant and the level 50 dd, not to mention level 59 pets at RR5, you must be stupid to spec less than this tbh.

29 slash - you need amethyst slash, and thats about it - putting more in this is kinda pointless, specially since having +15 at RR5 makes the damage output pretty constant. If you are thrust, then you better be a saracen, because there is no other reason to be :p

The rest stealth - if you skimp on stealth you run the risk of being PAed all the time when you solo, or being spotted by that stealther in DF just when you didnt want to be spotted, and after a while, that really sucks.

carp

One of Freddy's beloved
44inst 42slash 25stealth low stealth brings the newb sbs in :E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom