Minstrel spec

R

Rugg

Just wonder whats the best spec for mincers are atm ?

Stealth 29
Slash 39
Instr 44

Or is this one better?

26 stealth
34 slash
50 instr

T

tazzke

I'm going

50 instru
30 stealth
29 (30?) slash

Safe Fall III, easier to stealth and DD casters on the wall of a keep....

of course vs SB's & NS's etc...you will still have crap stealth...but for keepattack it should be enough

50 instru....the last ablative...guess everyone likes it...(still 49 myself)....PS5 ! ...

And 29-34 slash...don't think the 4+ dmg you will do from going 34 slash will be uber...could be wrong of course...

I was planning on going with lowest stealth (25), high slash (+40) and rest in instru (enough for Speed V)...but i guess the template above is more balanced....

of course....there is NO best spec... all depends on the way YOU like to play

O

old.Filip

i like 50/30/30 ...

but thats just me ... some other minser's i have talked to only do 25 stealth and they like that better ..

still 50 songs though ..

Filip
Minser of HB

O

old.LandShark

26/34/50 is probably best for a versatile mincer spec...
Although I know I'd be missing near-50 effecetive stealth against non-assassins, but then if I try to solo it's all about fighting assassins and the 70 ablative instead of 40 would just own for that.

H

Hit ^_^

30 stelth/slash= 50 at rr10. so go for that :)

O

old.LandShark

Judas: 30+15 stealth at RR5 = not really much better than 26+15. You have enough stealth for most situations but not enough to run through a milegate full of non-assassins, and assassins will see you anyway. 26stealth = 34slash 50inst
= best spec, 4tehwin.

S

Silenzio

see lots ov 50 instruments...

what bout 45? only heal regen power song at 50

n the new ablative chant... but still have the lower one...

are thos 5 lvl more rlly worth to be specced?

i mean can go with item...

L

Loth

My spec is 45 Inst 34 Slash 34 Stealth (1 point left over).

Seems to work pretty well for both grouping and the odd solo jaunt.

34 Stealth is great and with the upcoming See Hidden changes (if they go live) will be pretty useful.

34 Slash . . well, Mincer damage is crap anyway - I wanted weaponskill more than the 34 style :)

YMMV, but I like this spec.

B

bahamuts

its sue nice to have it when wardens come and atack you for 0 dmg :p

M

moo_work

50 inst, 32 stealth, 29 slash
(autotrain instruments to 24 for 32 stealth, otherwise go 30 stealth 30 slash)

definatly want 30 stealth after 1.60, for safe fall 3 (no damage if u fall off a keep wall)

D

darbey

U ddefinately have to go with the 50 instruments, i got the first template and with same gear iwas being owned badly by other minstrels with 50 instruments, even with my own higher slash skill. Would kill for a respec stone now.

J

jilson

Originally posted by Mavl
My spec:

50 instruments
44 slash
1 stealth

^^

nerf auto train instruments :(

i am currently 44 ins 40 thrust (was drunk and clicked too many times :p ) 28 stealth.

am going too respec too 50 ins 39 thrust 18 stealth (no climb walls but that doesn't appeal too me not used it once so far.

I am Saracen tho you will no doubt be highlander / briton if you are slash. So my spec is not really relevent as different styles etc.

L

Luv_Bunny

one question, is thrust any good as briton mincer?

R

rure

Originally posted by Luv_Bunny
one question, is thrust any good as briton mincer?

tbh, if you arent supposed to get DF (autotrain instrument so you get 44inst and 50thrust) thrust is useless imho. no good anytime style and you will never be able to beat SBs.

R

rure

Originally posted by Luv_Bunny
good, my mincer stays slash then :)

too bad he is briton ;) there is a reason why the top 3 minstrels (alpha, edelia, vivisect? they still top 3 I am a bit out of date atm)on the server is highlander / slash :p

S

Silenzio

think ill autotrain to 40 (just cuzi dont need thos 23 more point)

an get such like 45 inst 39 slash 30 stelth

if it will be crap... well gona hunt a stone or wait 1.62 =)

S

skile

Originally posted by tazzke
I'm going

50 instru
30 stealth
29 (30?) slash

Safe Fall III, easier to stealth and DD casters on the wall of a keep....

of course vs SB's & NS's etc...you will still have crap stealth...but for keepattack it should be enough

50 instru....the last ablative...guess everyone likes it...(still 49 myself)....PS5 ! ...

And 29-34 slash...don't think the 4+ dmg you will do from going 34 slash will be uber...could be wrong of course...

I was planning on going with lowest stealth (25), high slash (+40) and rest in instru (enough for Speed V)...but i guess the template above is more balanced....

of course....there is NO best spec... all depends on the way YOU like to play

Higher +skill also means higher weaponskill. And that meaning a bigger chance on hitting.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by rure
too bad he is briton ;) there is a reason why the top 3 minstrels (alpha, edelia, vivisect? they still top 3 I am a bit out of date atm)on the server is highlander / slash :p

Yes, it's because they play more than the rest of us. :rolleyes:

L

Luv_Bunny

/pharm

do you really think that 10 con/str makes so much difference?
britons got 10 more dex/quick than highlanders :p

M

MesS°

Imo the best is high pole... not enough Pole minser out there...

P

Purefun

Currently 44/44/21 , high wpnskill doesn't make that much difference. Planning on respeccing 50/30/30 , best ablative is very useful, and you can never have too high lvl pets. Should be easy to kite with red con pets with 50 instr base, can currently do it with the lowest reds lvl56.

B

belth

Rez-sick fighting shows well what impact weapskill has ;)

P

Purefun

Talking about wpnskill difference between 44/30 compared to actual difference of 44/50 instr ...

M

Mollie

im 50 instru , 26 stealth and 34 slash , i say you deffinatly gotta get 50 instru :) and stealth you dont need high as i fight you will get seen anyway :p

34 slash i never use the style tbh but still nice to have

S

syri

50 istr
39 slash
18 stealth
that's my spec, can't stealth for shite, but rarely do anyway... prefer to run round visible at speed so a sb can't catch me, than to crawl round so the sb can line up perfectly as he saw me a mile off with see-hidden...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom