Minstrel spec options

D

darbey

Ok heres the deal , im currently specced 44Ins, 34 slash 35 stealth.
I was looking into changing my spec at first to the 50/30/30 but im the most unlucky person in the world when it comes to lottoing and i would need a skill respec stone as well as the 1.62 single line skill respec to do this.
Im wondering if other minstrels or indeed anyone familiar with the class could give me some other possible spec options. I havent been able to get in to the catacombs webby as it appears to be down so havent been able to work out exact specs.

I have been mainly been playing with guild grp for last few months however still like the idea of being solo sometimes especially moreso after 1.62 when i think the sea of shadowblades will be somewhat reduced with La nerf. They certainly all shrank back to their holes when we had strength relic.

So what are my options basically? I can either stick with what i got, solid enough stealther spec. I can raise my instrument to 50 for top ablative chant and lower either stealth or slash. It would more than likely have to be strealth as it would take it down to 25 i think so losing am slash which i cant afford to do.. If i lose it on stealth ill lose safe fall but keep climb wall but ill be visible to non assasisns with that low spec very easily. Is the top ablative chant really worth pumping it up 6 trains at the expense of other skills?
Other option is maybe lower stealth to 30 , keeping safe fall and raising am slash to 39 , keeping instruments at 44. I know it wont increase the damage much but it will certainly increase my chance to hit. Again is it worth it?

Any thoughts?

(I havent autotrained)

L

Loth

Your spec looks pretty solid to me and is similar to mine (45 Inst 34 Slash 34 Stealth). My spec makes me a jack of all trades and master of none, which IMO fits the Minstrel perfectly.

I toyed with the idea of the 50 30 30 template too, but decided the drop in weaponskill and stealth simply weren't worth it. Its a great group-only spec, but I like to solo when I can't get a group (there's too many mincers around atm !).

A friend of mine respecced from 45 Inst 39 Slash 28 Stealth to the 50 30 30 and I get the impression he's disappointed with it. At the end of the day, it all depends on your playstyle.

B

bob007

50 instruments
34 slash
25 stealth

is my end spec,

We have a 50/34/25 and a 50/30/30 is guild and both say there happy with that spec.

They both agree on 1 thing tho, 50 insts

Am still in a position were my spec could en up being 50/30/30 so may change :)

F

Fagane

Making a mincer atm with auto-train and my spec will look like:

45/39/30

I defently want safefall 3 (no dammage when jump of a keep wall), and the back position style of slash rocks to.

The level 50 instruments is only needed in PvE becouse in PvP all expierianced groups will assist, and the Alb Chant will become useless. Power regen 5 is the top you can have, and most casters got serenity 2, making it 2 points above the absolute cap (5 from song, 2 from serenity = 7, so again useless).

Fagane

D

darbey

Thats good feed back. Think i may keep my spec as it is for now , if i get lucky and get a respec stone maybe ill take the plunge although its stil tempting to take the 50i/34sl/25 st route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom