Minstrel SC advice

Adari

Part of the furniture
Hello,

I am currently trying to figure out a descent winstrel template, a lot of people have given me advice but I have a few questions remaining still. If you answer any of them I'll give you +rep... !

1) Do I ignore +hits, +con, +hits cap and +con cap on weapon/shield or should I overcap on the suit to cover for the hp loss when swapping to harp and back?

2) Should I bother with SL items?

3) Is +cha cap important at all?

Thank you. :X

PS: Scrolls will not sell anymore next patch so give me all your regarding shades mkay :/

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
ok, hits and con on weapons is bad, couse when u change to ur instrument.. you will loose thise stats. and when u change back, u gain them but need to regen them back. imo it OK if u use malice and loose hits and con changeing that.

+cha =very important. couse thats ur insta dd dmg. more u have the better. usually if u get 75 its very good. couse mincer need to get so meny stats high.

SL items.... really optional. if u really feel that u need them, u can ofc use. most minstrels have som, but still its used more for /use2.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
i find overall resists more important then +hit and con cap, if u can fit it in then its nice, but i wouldnt sacrifice too much to get it.

Charisma must always be close to cap, its very important to raise ur DD dmg, AT is also a nice way to get 5% less resists and 5% more dmg.

SL not worth it at all, its better on all other chars ingame then on mintrel. i find ppl easier with bard then minstrel when i use SL, realm lore on the other hand is quite fun to use vs ppl u find hard/fight alot

V

vintervargen2

be sure to do a template where you can switch mainhand adari, malice/heat lw/cold lw/spirit lw at least.

winged helm is a must, not sure if phoebus harp neckie gives a style reduction aura as a ministrel, check that out imo.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
vintervargen2 said:
not sure if phoebus harp neckie gives a style reduction aura as a ministrel, check that out imo.
Doesn't. Only reason minstrels used it, was cos of the summoned harp. Which is now useless due to champion instrument.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
1) use crafted shield and avoid con hits obviously. However if you wanna use Malice you need to work in some extra con caps and hps caps if you wanna avoid loosing hps which can be v hard to do. Havent seen any decent mincer templates where you completely avoided this

2) Well the obvious one is SoM, but you dont wanna /use that, u wanna /use2. I've tried to fit in Dances recently, but it seems like an impossiple thing to do. Mincers gets seen miles away anyways, so dunno if I'd bother with SL items. Havent tested how much it helps tho

3) Yes Cha is very important. This is a must to have capped, or at least close to, since alot of the mincers dmg comes from these things. Dmg sufferes quite a bit if you leave this out.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
items that you should have in your template:

battler (charge)
Winged helm (style absorbation charge)
regarding shades (/use2)
gov (4x4% and af proc)

with these artis, and warlord ml path, tanks will hit you for close to nothing;D

as for what wpn you should use mainly, i use malice to it procs, and then swap to preffered gl wpn.

and yes, charisma is important!

my spec is 50inst 39slash and 18 stlth.. that means any stealther can see me miles off - so i dont need SL items:p

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of people didn't seem to notice he was asking about charisma CAP ;) For that I'd certainly say no its not important, as there are very few decent items around that give it, you'd have to gimp your overall temp to fit one in.

As for the hits/con question, I always say you shouldn't count the stats on weapon. Anyone who does include them is just kidding themselves, and looking at the ones who do this just to have a slightly better temp on paper, many will actually have below 75 con and 200 hits effective in many fights. You can't expect to fully overcap hits and con on a minstrel anyway so imo just aim for 200+ hits and 75+ con, then make sure resists and TOA bonuses are good before worrying about overcapping them at all.

Gamah

Banned
Adari said:
Hello,

I am currently trying to figure out a descent winstrel template, a lot of people have given me advice but I have a few questions remaining still. If you answer any of them I'll give you +rep... !

1) Do I ignore +hits, +con, +hits cap and +con cap on weapon/shield or should I overcap on the suit to cover for the hp loss when swapping to harp and back?

Thank you. :X

PS: Scrolls will not sell anymore next patch so give me all your regarding shades mkay :/

Yes, Build your template weaponless (Remember most (all) slash weapons come with at least 15 strength so you can undercap your suit str by 15

Always handy to have one (use cyclops eye shield)

No- but capped charisma is important..if you dont have +75 redo your template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom