Minstrel instruments query

A

Arumar

Does anybody know why all the instruments at merchants seem to be blue to me at best? i have a level 43 minstrel. even the instruments from df that you get with the diamond seals are blue con, the rest of the stuff you get with diamonds is orange con.
I'm a little puzzled, is there an way to get a yellow con instrument?

G

Garaen

You need to purchase a player crafted flute (Fletching) I would advise getting a Duskwood flute i think that will be orange to you (but im not positive)

A

angrysquirrel

duskwood instruments yellow to 50 :)

:clap: :)

O

old.linnet

I think the ellyl instruments are being tweaked to be yellow to level 50s in the next patch -- other than that, all the drops (apart from the legion flute) are lower level, so you need to get crafted,

O

old.LandShark

Nah, DF diamond, polished granite, ellyll and the higher-level barrows instruments are all lvl50 or at least yellow-to-50 next patch. Duskwood instruments go yellow at 47 btw, but when spellcrafting comes they have as many imbue points as a lvl51 item. (Don't ask me, but they do)

L

Litmus

k, im not a minstrel or even an alb, but why would u need a crafted insrument?, not like your gonna hit stuff :D.

Wouldnt the stats from DF insrument be more use?

M

Meatballs

the length of mezz depends on the level of the flute. You also get longer pulses of songs on higher level instruments, so if you switch from drums to flute to mezz someone whilst running, you will get that extra 4-5seconds of runspeed rather than have it dropping after 1 second.

O

old.linnet

This is anecdotal, but I also think the resist rate depends on the quality of the flute...

K

klavrynd

afaik resist rates depend on the level of the spell, whereas the con of the instrument affects the lenght of pulses, making twisting alot easier

K

Keri

Originally posted by klavrynd
afaik resist rates depend on the level of the spell, whereas the con of the instrument affects the lenght of pulses, making twisting alot easier

How long before we see a minstrel called Chubby Checker ? :p

A

Arumar

thanks for the help guys, now, just need to find a kind fletcher with bargain prices... :) or wait for the patch when some of them get fixed up to higher levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom