minstrel and ablative procs

A

Arakasi01

Anyone know if ablative procs are usable with the ablative chant?
or does one override the other?
This really been bugging me for a while so would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me in this subject :)

C

Cybwyn

I'm pretty sure they don't stack, so ablatives on armour are a waste really.

O

old.giriam

They dont stack, and as long as the reactive ablative is up you wont be able to overwrite it with your own.

I would still recommend you get reactive ablatives on all armor pieces though. The minstrel ablative pulses every 6 seconds, in most fights you will get hit so much / so fast that atleast half the hits will come when you have no ablative up. When the ablative on your armor procs, pay attention to it. As soon as it's gone you recast your ablative chant. Between the reactive procs and recasting your own chant every 9 seconds you will have ablatives up the entire fight. Makes a whole lot of difference.

G

K

Kahland

Originally posted by Arakasi01
Anyone know if ablative procs are usable with the ablative chant?
or does one override the other?
This really been bugging me for a while so would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me in this subject :)

they dont stack, get dots and sidi bp =D

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Derric
Dots breaks mez,get DD's! 0o
I suppose if they hit you in the first place to activate the reactive dot.... they're going to be mezzed.?oO

H

Huntingtons

Originally posted by Flesh
I suppose if they hit you in the first place to activate the reactive dot.... they're going to be mezzed.?oO

no but if they hit you first, then you mess em? :O and proc goes off... no idea in mez etc.

O

old.Morchaoron

it can also break root, and thats not what you want...

O

old.giriam

DD's will also break root, and so will damage shields (not that anyone in their right mind will actually use a self damage shield proc).

One could make an argument for using damage effects if you solo I guess. I'm grouped most of the time though, playing a slightly defensive role, so its more important for me to stay alive than doing a measly 100 extra damage to whoever is /stuck to me chopping away.

The longer I stay alive the longer I can chant ablative for the rest of my group, stun, interrupt, mez and so on. I'm no authority on playing a minstrel (just started with this class really) but atleast in my group (minstrel & 2 infils) its more important for me to stay alive than it is to dish out a minor amount of extra damage.

G

A

Arakasi01

Thanks for the replies, think ill be going for some ablatvies and dot on weapon :)

Users who are viewing this thread