Minstrel Advice

P

-primax-

Hi,

I'm currently leveling my mincer upto 50 and I'm just after some final spec advice I have 2 specs that I would like some advice on.

1st Spec
50 Instruments
30 Slash
30 Stealth

2nd Spec
50 Instruments
39 Slash
18 Stealth

Now the 1st spec I believe is quite popular but how does it stand in RvR is 30 slash enuff and with the 2nd spec at 39 slash I would get a nice positional style with High to hit bonus aswell as Amy slash. So pros and cons of both specs pls.

Also a 3rd spec but I dont think it would work but spose it depends how useful stealth is to a mincer.

50 Instruments
43 Slash
2 Stealth

T

Tualatin

If you wanna be a solo mincer go 50/29/31 or 50/30/30

Group mincer, just forget about the stealth and full instru and highest slash (least to last style) left over in stealth.

If you wanna be alround mincer go 50/29/31 (29 slash for amy),

i wouldn't go 43 slash (cuz 39+11 excl rr bonus as almost as good as 43+11, doesn't matter that much above 50 for a mincer).

Stealth for a mincer is nice, @ stealth 30 you get Safe fall 3 (?) means no falling dmg if you decide to hop over mg's. And you can spot other stealth classes easier then w/o.

F

Fagane

Stealth 25 gives you climb walls
Stealth 30 gives you safefall 3 (no dammage when you jump off a wall)

Slash 29 gives you amathyst slash
Slash 39 gives you backslash

Instruments 44 gives you last DD shout
Instruments 45 gives you last area mezz
Instruments 50 gives you last Abla-chant

Popular Specces:

Instruments 50
Slash 29
Stealth 31

Instruments 50
Slash 43
Stealth 2?

With tiny Auto-Train (till level 16):
Instruments 44
Slash 39
Stealth 30

First is the most popular Hybrid spec, and with 1.65 also prob the best spec (new DD shouts).
Second is for someone who does not want to stealth. So only group.
Third is the best Solo Spec, Most dammage output and a good backstyle.

THere are some templates that take stealth only till 25, but most people agre on it to then take that little efford more to reduce the falling dammage. Running off a cliff or when near death jumping of the keep walls is a thing that happens (often for some).

Fagane

ps: Stealth spec of below 25 is no use, even none stealthers will see you.

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by Tualatin
And you can spot other stealth classes easier then w/o.

no u can´t !

mincer only get safe fall ....

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Climbing walls and bashing the casters at keep raids is good fun. ;)

T

Tualatin

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
no u can´t !

mincer only get safe fall ....

tought detect hidden aswell, same as the assasin tools .. not sure tho.

F

Fagane

Minstrels do not get Detect Hidden.

Fagane

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
Climbing walls and bashing the casters at keep raids is good fun. ;)

ye forgot... u get climb wall at 25 stealth :) fun at keep take / defend :p

O

old.Ramas

50 Inst
25 Stealth
34 Slash

Is the eventual spec of my hypothetical minstrel.

If it weren't for climb wall I'd consider dropping stealth altogether and going 43 slash.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by -primax-
Hi,

I'm currently leveling my mincer upto 50

First error...

MINSTRELL!!!

second... if have not autotrained forget 39 slash :)

better a 50 30 30 with new dd in next patch

with autotrain a good specc (by me) is

45 39 30
rlly enjoyble soloing n group...

bb

O

old.Ramas

Don't think you can get a /level character to 50I / 44S without autotrain exploits or at least a more generous character builder than mine?

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Fagane
Minstrels do not get Detect Hidden.

Fagane

now that is ur message...
n i've to download bout a fekking A4 page just for ur crap sign???

pff

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Don't think you can get a /level character to 50I / 44S without autotrain exploits or at least a more generous character builder than mine?

1. roll character.
2. /level up to 20
3. spec 1 level of instruments (2 points)
4. /respec instruments
5. instruments spec is now at 5
6. instruments will continue to autotrain if you leave them untrained (and can have 50/44/8 with 0 leftover instead of 2)

Currently pondering other methods and ways to autotrain Slash and Chants on a Paladin without using a respec stone ;)

(edit: yes that could be an autotrain exploit... but in the end, who cares? levelling up to 20 takes about 60 minutes)

O

old.infinity

I went for

46 Instr/29 Slash/38 stealth

I use my stealth alot in keep raids but without detect hidden it's hard to avoid the sbs, nice to be able to jump off the wall safely if an sb attacks though. Going to use RR and sc'ing to up the stats when i get round to it.

I find my minstrel alot of fun to play, but i'm enjoying hib and beta teasting more atm. :clap:

L

Loth

45 Insts 34 Slash 34 Stealth - 1 point 'wasted'

Great for grouping, great for soloing.

I love it :)

O

old.Filip

50/30/30 .. imho the best spec ..

you group good and solo good .. there is no bad things about this spec ...

(and safefall3 is what makes you able to fly from castle walls with 0 hp loss)

S

syri

at the moment, Syri is 50 instr, 39 slash, 18 stealth.
respeccing to 50 instr, 30 slash, 30 stealth though to give it a try

S

skile

My Minstrel is Highlander with 50 Instruments and 43 slash. And well, it's good in groups.

But wouldn't saracen be better? Atleast in groups, thrust is neutral vs hib-support and vuln vs mid-support. Pierce is a pretty good style.

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by skile
My Minstrel is Highlander with 50 Instruments and 43 slash. And well, it's good in groups.

But wouldn't saracen be better? Atleast in groups, thrust is neutral vs hib-support and vuln vs mid-support. Pierce is a pretty good style.

slash have better styles......

but the 39 thrust style (side based) r0xx tho... but amy & back slash is very nice ! and u are more offen behind ppl then on the side of them

B

bob007

My minstrel is the cookie cutter 50i 30 slash 30 stealth highlander jobby, He has maxed siege craft, Can carry a full ram when buffed. And its way more fun building and operating a ram inside an enemy keep then outside :)

Z

zoia

Originally posted by Pin
1. roll character.
2. /level up to 20
3. spec 1 level of instruments (2 points)
4. /respec instruments
5. instruments spec is now at 5
6. instruments will continue to autotrain if you leave them untrained (and can have 50/44/8 with 0 leftover instead of 2)
I did that on an infil on Prydwen. Then leveled it to 24, but stealth was still at 5. :\

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by zoia
I did that on an infil on Prydwen. Then leveled it to 24, but stealth was still at 5. :\

doint this with sb bg alt atm... will see if happen tha same...

if yess well still got 12 free point ;P
just bg

P

Pin

Originally posted by zoia

In that case, you could level all the way to 48 and use a respec stone instead ;)

A

Alpha Male

hmm

50/30/30 is in my opinion the best all round spec for a mincer...but its pretty much essential that you make sure you allow for +11 to slash/stealth and as much to Instruments as possible in your SC setup. With this spec, as you progress through the realm ranks, your character improves nicely.

Note that in coming patches it will be a very good idea for you to have the 50 instruments due to the new Shout being added and ofc with higher instruments and charisma your shout damage improves also.

S

syri

Originally posted by bob007
My minstrel is the cookie cutter 50i 30 slash 30 stealth highlander jobby, He has maxed siege craft, Can carry a full ram when buffed. And its way more fun building and operating a ram inside an enemy keep then outside :)
hehe

I've done a little playing since respec. climb walls is useful, and safefall, though i've not had much chance to test properly. i've not noticed much of a drop in damage though. just can't do trusty old backslash when i stun anyone now :(

P

pacific

with autotrain: highlander mincer

50inst+11+r
30stealth+11+r
33slash+11+r

i am actually r3l+ and have lot of fun in rogue/normal groups, i just need r5+ for having a better stealth and this template will rock!!

ps: i love seeing the off hand hitting me for 0 dmg, thx to the 70hp abs ;))

The power of albion is in his rogue group!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom