Minstrel Advice please..

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
have a newly dinged lvl 21 minstrel and was wondering about specs came up with these two...wondered which was more viable for RvR:

50 inst = last ablative
34 Slash
26 Stealth

or:
50 inst
39 slash
18 stealth

I like the 2nd cos it gives a nice backstyle, but the first gives climb walls.. hmm im not looking for cookie cutter spec or a FOTM spec, just wondered, am i losing a great ability in climb walls over backstyle in slash?
i have considered lowering inst to 45 or 44 to get both but i want that last ablative as i feel its too important to miss..also last DD and POW song at 50 also...soo any ideas would be good. :clap:

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
climb walls is great fun for keep takes and when u do some stealth grps that xtra stealth can come in handy now with 50 instruments u also get the last dd aswell so it is better to go for 29 slash for amy slash and rest stealth with keep instruments at 50 or u can go for a more melee type mincer and not go 50 instru but 44 instru and put xtra points in slash and stealth.

D.

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
Derian said:
climb walls is great fun for keep takes and when u do some stealth grps that xtra stealth can come in handy now with 50 instruments u also get the last dd aswell so it is better to go for 29 slash for amy slash and rest stealth with keep instruments at 50 or u can go for a more melee type mincer and not go 50 instru but 44 instru and put xtra points in slash and stealth.

D.

now i realise minstrels arent tanks..but isnt there a BIG difference in misses between 29 - 39 slash? and a fair whack of wep skill?

Light

Loyal Freddie
some guy on VN did tests and increasing slash on mincer made almost fek all difference

also spec depends on whether u grp or solo/stealther grps etc <- if so u gonna want higher stealth

50 ins, 29 slash, 31 stealth is what i ended up with after a lot of different specs

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
That last ablative is well worth having, no matter what your role as a minstrel. There are those around who drop instruments to 44 or thereabouts, but I'm not convinced.

The answer to your question is "it depends on what you want to do". The most flexible spec is undoubtedly 50/29/30, as it gives you stealth that's good enough to do some solo killing with, climb walls, and amy slash - the best anytime style around, probably. With that spec (or one of the ones around it - I'm 50/30/30) you won't ever find yourself twiddling your thumbs.

However, if you're not interested in soloing then 50instr and the rest in slash is a better bet. 18 stealth would be a complete waste of points - you're going to be spotted a lot with that low a stealth level, even by none-stealthers. At 30+14 stealth, I've had full groups run straight through me and not see me.

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
some guy on VN did tests and increasing slash on mincer made almost fek all difference

also spec depends on whether u grp or solo/stealther grps etc <- if so u gonna want higher stealth

50 ins, 29 slash, 31 stealth is what i ended up with after a lot of different specs

and are you happy with your dmg output? would u change in the near future for anything else? the reason i ask is i want to get my Sc set sorted now so i can get it put together ready.. i guess id like to think i could nick off with the middie str relic using climb walls etc.. and stealther grps seem tbh more fun than randomless zergin around emain, atleast i can make a tangible difference using stun mez to wtf pwn people..and then re stealth and nick off without being steam rolled.... still lots of options to think about. :clap:

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
I used to be 44i, 39 slash, 30 stealth (with a minor auto-train).

I re-specced to 50/30/30 though, because I found the the 50 ablative was much useful than the extra weaponskill. The damage difference is very little, and the 39 style is not that great. It also uses a lot more end, than the 29 style, amy slash.

If you solo, you'll only manage to use it a couple of times per fight, and if you're grp'ed you're not likely to be in melee that often. It does give you something extra to do in PvE, rather than just spamming amy slash all the time, but it's not really worth speccing just for that.

Even though it's considered 'cookie-cutter', 50/30/30 is just about the best all round spec. Minstels are supposed to have lots of tools at their disposal, but not be as good with them as other classes, and this spec gives you just about the best abilities in all of your spec-lines.

All this is just imho of course.

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
yep yep....decided,

although a lot of people prolly go this one im going for:

50 Instruments -- Last abla is too important to miss
29 Slash -- Amy should suffice for dmg (seeing as im no tank)
31 stealth -- Climb walls and easily cappable close to 50 with items!

Thanks for the advice, most appreciated.
now just ML's to decide cos theyre both pants. :touch:

laiyna

Fledgling Freddie
instru 45
slash 39
stealth 30

(requires auto-train instru till 40)

Laiyna

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
laiyna said:
instru 45
slash 39
stealth 30

(requires auto-train instru till 40)

Laiyna
laina respec to 50 instrument, twisting ablative chants remove alot of dmg, more dmg then you can do with your 39 slash :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom