Mini's in Thid

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Ok why do i come on here and read about so much moaning that Mini's are UBER and overpowered etc etc in thid???

Why do ppl keep banging on about this?

I rolled a mini, and whilst i dont have the 'skillssss' i know how to play one to a reasonable lvl, and yet, i found it the most awkward char to play <shrug> and found i got hammered the most out of my alts, but thats MY OPINION!

So i was interested, what is it about mini's that drive ppl mad?

Thx :drink:

small edit..

I admit, i do like stealthing/sneaking upto the mids camping APK and then AOE mezzing them as they sit there :D... and then i die :(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
minstrels arent overpowered in thid, they suck, even my thane used to kill them :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Pure Utility for a Stealther.
The Ability to Pop out of stealth and mez from a unguarded angle. Speed 2 or 3 in the BG for getaway. 2 Insta DD's as well as a insta Stun

Morimdin

Banned
stealth is waste of points in thid, as a hunter see you at cliprange anyways :p

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
2 Friends and I did a lame stealth group of 2 infils and a minstrel all 19+5 stealth, was acctualy quite fun and a little bit overpowered I guess, instrel rarely spotted first, only by the odd SB but insta stun kicked most SB ass, more often than not the minstrel would see the enemy stealther around same time and isnta DD them, can take out half groups maybe even a really lucky ae mezz fg but we rarely had the chance as very few mids were about when we did this :/. Anyway the point in in that scenario when grouped with another 2 major damage dealers the minstrel really shined, I used the misntrel solo a few times, and with sc and buffs can solo pretty damn well tbh tho nothing like my old 50misntrel could with some RAs behind him

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Morimdin said:
stealth is waste of points in thid, as a hunter see you at cliprange anyways :p

xxx shoots you with his bow
you cast your insta-wtfstun
xxx is stunned
you cast your dd#1
you cast your dd#2
you start singing a lulaby
xxx is asleep
you get in position for your opal slash (?) - the side chain from slash.
you cast your dd#1
you cast your dd#2
you just killed xxx

u c.

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
forgot to play heal song and wait for dd's to regain :D:D

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
xxx shoots you with his bow
you cast your insta-wtfstun
xxx is stunned
you cast your dd#1
you cast your dd#2
you start singing a lulaby
xxx is asleep
you get in position for your opal slash (?) - the side chain from slash.
you cast your dd#1
you cast your dd#2
you just killed xxx

u c.

insta wtfstun has a 700 range tho.

by the way, minstrels aren't overpowerd in thidranki. Skalds are far better in thid really, but it's lvl 50 when minstrels shine in stealther groups...

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
insta wtfstun has a 700 range tho.

by the way, minstrels aren't overpowerd in thidranki. Skalds are far better in thid really, but it's lvl 50 when minstrels shine in stealther groups...

or solo :p

/Dracus

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, minstrels suck in BG.

1. If they spec too much stealth (as in 18 or so), then they lack instruments + melee
2. They dont hit hard :x
3. Mezz takes ages to cast and get wtfpwned by a BD
4. Even at high lvl stealth it still sucks

talisman

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
minstrels arent overpowered in thid, they suck, even my thane used to kill them :D

Thane is like one of the best Thidranki chars..

My thidranki thane (supprisingly named Thidthane) uses 2 hander with minimal quickness and I think with self buffs he has 270-odd strength. Funny when you get PAed by an infil and they are dead within 2 hits :D

Unfortunately he tends to lose to scouts pretty often

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
talisman said:
Thane is like one of the best Thidranki chars..

My thidranki thane (supprisingly named Thidthane) uses 2 hander with minimal quickness and I think with self buffs he has 270-odd strength. Funny when you get PAed by an infil and they are dead within 2 hits :D

Unfortunately he tends to lose to scouts pretty often

Spec enough for engage and carry a shield and you will never lose to a scout again (a solo one anyway not like there is ever any solo socuts in thid mind ;) )

GimpStrole said:
Nope, minstrels suck in BG.

1. If they spec too much stealth (as in 18 or so), then they lack instruments + melee
2. They dont hit hard :x
3. Mezz takes ages to cast and get wtfpwned by a BD
4. Even at high lvl stealth it still sucks

spec instruments 15 slash 15 stealth 19, does decent damage seen as are swinging one hand, and still has all the toys to play with - guaranteed caster killer, 19+5 stealth you will never be seen by anything but assassins, and tbh if you are quick enough and slightly fortunate can jsut simply see them similar time and insta stun, then decide to run or fight, minstrels in bgs and proper rvr are an exceptional class IMO and shouldnt really be compared to a vicking class on mid as they are a rogue class on alb. As said previous if you add any form of massive damage output i.e. a crit shot scout if minstrel lands mez on a small grp or a inf who cannot miss a mezzed target then a duo can kill a group of 4 easily and depending on the classes even more. Minstrel damage of 15+5 weapon +2x shouts plus insta stun which can equal another free swing is pretty decent as well, they aint ever gonna hit as hard as a skald and in a 1v1 a skald will win but then don't attack a skald ><

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Go charm a toomraider pet twist charm and speed then see how much they suck ... and dont bother specing stealth .not worth it imo

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
never lost to mincer solo,never will..usually have 95% hp when there buffed..40 dmg with sword..most dmg is done by spells...which still suck...any mincer wants to prove me wrong,c'mon bitch :)

im a zerker btw and i wasnt speaking on zerk mode terms....

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
behatch said:
never lost to mincer solo,never will..usually have 95% hp when there buffed..40 dmg with sword..most dmg is done by spells...which still suck...any mincer wants to prove me wrong,c'mon bitch :)

that's the same as saying that you never lost to a cleric 1 on 1 with your zerker :/

zerker = hits for fuck loads
mincer = aids the grp and is able to solo with the help of other stealthers

if mincers could pwn zerkers then i'd roll one and kill everything in thid tbh :rolleyes:

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
behatch said:

lol at that comment.

zerker is a viking whos main aim is damage dealing.......mincers are rogues who are stealthier classes (therefore dmg gonna be lower) who are more group chars

so dont think cos you own mincers your ubah m8 cos its not a fair fight...own all mercs and armsmans then you have a reason to brag.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
i had lots of fun in thid with my bg 1 mini.
had her fully spellcrafted alltho i didnt use a bot, mostly
get a pet then wtf pwn most classes :wub:

Svavel

Fledgling Freddie
If I camp outside mpk with my mincer (unstealthed) and then get a sb on me, pa'ing SITTING, then after killing that one, I get another sb that pa's me while standing, then another sb comes and I'm about to kill him - But too busy laughing at the other sb's, so I die :(
And I never got full end. while resting, and all this becouse of a Druid Seer (a blue healing pet).. Btw Behatch, you got urself a date :flame: Bring it on! <Fluffs into wresling position> :kissit:

Pm me about time to meet and where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom