Minimum machine spec?

P

petrolbomb

Im thinking of getting a laptop for daoc (wireless lan in airports trains etc:) - whats the min spec that will run the game, bumff says 1.4 GHz 256 RAM and 32 Mg graphics but Im sure it wont need that much.

Any help much appreciated.

N

-Nxs-

Used to run a 2nd account on a P3 600 with 128MB ram and a standard video card, i think only had 2mb memory

Graphics were poor, loading time was slow, movement was very jerky - but it loaded up

C

crookshanks

I've run it on a 1.6Ghz Pentium-M box, with 2 gig ram, with a ATI mobility radeon 9000 (one of the better mobile graphics chipsets) - and to be honest its not really playable. I've turned the resolution down to a minimum 800x600, and turned down all the graphics optimising down to a minimum which results in loads of artifacts. In open areas its not too bad, but get a few people on the screen and the graphics card really holds it all back, it drops to red square lag factor on the lag-o-meter and a simple left 5 degree turn becomes a full 180.

F

fl3a

if you are gonna play alb youll need over 2 ghz, bout 1 GB ram and a very fast hdd.

A

araudry

Originally posted by fl3a
if you are gonna play alb youll need over 2 ghz, bout 1 GB ram and a very fast hdd.
so hib and mid dont need that much ? ;o

O

old.windforce

1100 AMD with 512 Mb RAM is playable in rvr (use it for my bot)

S

soylent green

I play on a 550 athlon, 256 ram and a 64 meg power vr card.
I can't do rvr, or play in groups, so it solo all the way. But i'am getting a new comp in a couple of weeks, finally :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

C

Cyfr

Couldn't do less then a 2.6ghz p4 with 9800pro and 1gig ram ;(

M

Melachi-

omg, i either play on a Pentium 3, 933mhz with Geforce 2 MX200 and 256 normal ram

or an athlon 1ghz, 256ddr ram, Matrox G400 :)EEEE) preshitoric 6gb hdd that rumbles like mad, and a 15" monitor

and sometimes I do main CC :D

runs, though yes load times are slow, and when enemys come into area you sometimes get jiggery, but its what Ive allways played on, so your laptop should be fine :)

[edit] Though getting PA'ed freezes my screen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom