Miner career paths

D

Drum

Hi All,

I'm starting to make headway in this game now. At least I understand how to do the basics.

I have started a miner (called Xeno if you want to look me up) and went the gallente-gallente-miners-tech school-minig-advanced refining route. Still only in the basic ship, but digging away hard to afford an upgrade.

I am interested in going the down the sort of crafting/manufacturing route in this game as a break from the usual MMORPG kill-level-get drops-kill-level treadmill and I wondered whether this will be viable for my character in the long run. I am enjoying mining at the moment, it's nice and relaxing, but I don't want to get too far along and find out that I won't ever be able to do anything else.

What are my options? Can include re-rolling if necessary.

tia

C

Custy

Sending you 70,000 isk when i get in game. Use this to buy an Imicus (make sure you buy an imi and not a navitas).

Put 2 miner1 lasers on it and 2 cargo exapnders. You will be able to mine a lot lot faster now.

You have exactly the same atributes as i choose btw heh.

D

Drum

Sent you a thankyou in-game, but just wanted to say it publically: Thanks Custy, you're a gentleman and a scholar. You are right, the Imi is making life sooooo much easier.

Gotta think about strategies for low sec systems next ;)

Xeno

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Don't bother going too low.

Me and my mate have it licked, Mine Scordite.

We worked it out, it mines dead quick, you can haul shed loads, allways plenty about, and there's no risk in a 1.0 system.

Plus the market is stable for the refined minerals.

A

adslrizla

Scordite? Pah! :)

Mine pyro (if you have to mine at all) and hold onto the nox. Wait for your moment and then sell - you should get 190-200 for a substantial amount. Of course you could go wandering around selling 60 here and there to npc's and then of course you'll get 256 ISK per unit but hell life's too short for that :D

I make 2-3 million a day off pyro without even trying - and no I'm not joking. When I buy the third cruiser I need to go on a little tour to pick up all the weaponry I've bought. Then with my tracking of when m0o are online I'm going after j0rt or (more likely) stavr0s. I'll probably die but what the hell - it'll be a laugh :D

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Carefull.

A former Moo slayer friend of mine, can't stand toe to toe with them anymore.

You do well to avoid them, or least be one step ahead of them..

Hell you never know, there Ubber lasers could have been nerf'd today like loads of other things in the game:)

A

AbPoon

Yes lasers got nerfed to shit but the main thing was heat sinks and stabilisers are now nerfed bad, also set yourself up in a low sec system fly 20k from the valuble roids and book mark it, should be able to stay away from pirates and still mine bist, works out around 80k isk per trip in a probe with 2 miner 1's

S

Scouse

Puffs - Bistot in 0.0 systems in an Imicus is the only way to go....

..... or so I thought :(

(I'm still alive and have my ship intact - and I've been out here on the edge of the galaxy for 2 weeks now - but there's f00king no-way those serpentis chief sentinels and drug barons are going to leave me be!)

A

adslrizla

Oh I don't intend standing toe to toe with them :D

I have them all in my buddies list and have been watching who logs on and when. There's around an hour each day when stavr0s is on his own so in a few days I'll have a pop at him. Gotta do around 100 jumps before that tho to pick up all the kit :(

N

Neural Network

2-3 mill on Scordite a day? Even when I'm power mining Kernite 8 hours a day I can't make more than 3 mill isk.
Maybe my lasers are burned out.

E

Embattle

Here at Coretech we make some 3 million an hour mining Crokite :)

S

Scouse

Lol Emb y'cunt :)

Cortech eh? Fancy a half-assed work shy fop in yer corp? ;)

A

AbPoon

Youll get around 40% more profit mining Bis like my corp, you just need to look for the bugged ast fields in 0.0 space, we make millions and millions a day doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread