Mincer Specs

L

Loveless

Looking for help with a level 20 and endgame mincer specs.

Iv looked on catacombs and all the specs on there, to the untrained eye (mine :p) look quite crap.

Anyhelp would be gr8, Thanx

G

Galoma

well.... my mincer end spec will be 50 instru 29 slash and 30/31 stealth... think this will work fine for me....but dunno yet, since my mincer is only lvl 37 atm...

B

bahamuts

im 50 instru 30 slash 30 stealth,

works perfectly by me, can easy get away from a group of enemies with stealth and dont think dmg will be much better with 34 slashing(26 stealth, climb walls). a reason for going for 34 slash is because the style, if you duel a determetion tank it might be better to throw on a normal stun instead of spell stun.

but its probly hard to get in, use after a style that is after block...

L

Laston

going like

50 inst
25-26 stealth
rest slash

only lvl 23 atm :) (not level char :D )

G

Gordonax

50/30/30 is the cookie cutter spec at the moment (and it's my spec), but to a large amount it depends on what you want to do. I'd say 50 instruments is probably essential, thanks to the 70 ablative at 50- it's such a big step up from 40 to 70 that it's worth it.
The reason that I went with a 30/30 split on the rest was because I wanted the maximum flexibility. That stealth has saved my bacon more than a few times, makes you more valuable in keep seiges and defences, and makes you useful as an advanced scout in some circumstances. Certainly, I wouldn't ever consider going less than 25 (think it's 25) for wall climbing - very valuable skill.
For level 20, I'd ignore stealth totally, keep instruments at your level, and put the rest in thrust or slash. I had nothing in stealth until my weapon skill was 30 - only then did I start adding points to stealth.

S

syri

my personal spec is 50 instr, 39 slash and 18 instr. can't climb walls, but i can stand a fight as good as some tanks, although that's partly helped by having dodger 3 :)
Personally, i like that spec, but as for what spec to choose, it really depends what role you want to fill, will you be solo, or grouping? do you plan to go on keep raids a lot, or wander in groups? these sort of decisions can help choose the ideal spec, because at the end of the day, your character is a reflection of yourself, not of someone else.

F

froler-mid

go for group mincer, 50 instruments, and rest in slash , NO stealth.

if u get pl'ed thats 44slash with autotrain, uber imo :D

C

choonz

Im gunna be 50,30,30. Currently 47,30,24 i think off the top of my head.
Was gunna be 50 Inst, rest in slash, but decided the stealth skills, especially since they got love are worth having.

S

skile

Depends on what you want from your mincer. Mines specced 50 Instuments and 43 slash. But he is only for groups. I kind of like him tho.

50 instru
43 thrust

if saracen or briton imho :p. Slash if highlander.

L

Loveless

Thanx for input.

The mincer if/when it dings 50 will most prolly be grp orientated. But having climb walls does sound like a perk :>

Guess ill have to think it over

N

nuitari

As many else posted, 50 instru 29 slash 31 stealth

Thats Lunatari's spec, he works ok in solo and great in groups, specially with another mincer.
Mostly used to climb into enemy keeps and solo the peeps there, since the 50 abl chant kinda makes low level keep guards useless when it comes to hurting you.

29 slash for amy slash, anytime, anywhere.

For RA's well since im mainly group, SoS and Purge atm, IP comes when it comes.

Kinda fun to play in groups with unmezz and such.

For leveling i would max instru all the way to 43 for speed, since you go crazy running slow, then i focused on slash and stealth.

Note: the stealth skill is fun even though you get slightly gimped damage ways, but you get to group with stealthers <grin> and thats always fun.

S

syri

Originally posted by nuitari
Note: the stealth skill is fun even though you get slightly gimped damage ways, but you get to group with stealthers <grin> and thats always fun.
I'm tempted to respec and try 30 slash 30 stealth...

G

Gordonax

Partly inspired by this thread, I've actually respecced. As I mentioned before, I was 50/30/30, and pretty happy with it. Stealthing was good enough to have 2fg of mids run past at arms length and not see me at all. Instruments was, of course, good. The weak link though was weapon skill, which was pretty sucky. So, I've respecced to 50/43/2, and so far it's pretty pretty good. Combat is better, cetainly. I'll post more when I've had chance to play around with it a bit more, but so far it's good.

F

Fagane

spec options:

Instru: 44/45/50 (last dd, last area mezz, abl song)
Slash/Thrust: 29/39 (amy, back slash)
Stealth: 0/25/30 (no stealth, climb wall, safefall 3)

basic spec is:

50/29/31

solo spec is (auto train till lvl 16):

44/39/30

groep spec is:

50/34/25

Fagane

P

pinball

well what about doing autotrain and then managing to get this spec:
50slash/thrust
44instruments