Mincer Spec

M

mele

I Want to lvl a mincer to 50, but i really dont know how to spec it, is going to be a minstrell half time solo half time in rvr group.

F

-frostor-

50 instruments 30 slash/stealth givz u a nice group and solo spec
best ablative
climb walls
safe fall 3

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by -frostor-
best ablative
climb walls
safe fall 3

And, 50 instruments will be needed not only for the best ablative chant, but also if 1.65d goes live, best DD with 50 instruments.
So it seems 50 instruments, 30 stealth, 30 slash is the best choice in any circumstance, unless you will only group, then go 50 instruments, 44 slash (copyright protected by Krane).
Regards, Glottis

M

mastade

Originally posted by -frostor-
best ablative
climb walls
safe fall 3

4tehwin ! :clap:

R

rure_

stopped playing sb in 1.62?

starting in time so you can get a "fotm" mincer when 1.65 comes? :p

j/k m8

pretty much what has been pointed out by others.

50/30/30 is pretty much standard since it has been shown that specc points in slash over 30 does very little do to your dmg.

T

the_hermit

Question:

Slash vs. Thrust on a Mincer? I thought (wrong, by the looks of it! ;)) that Thrust was better?

I've only just started a Mincer, so any advice would be nice!

(Yes yes, I went thrusting! hehe)

O

old.BJ|Bored

dont forget to go 50/44 u need to autotrain inst till lvl 36.

a right pain if ur solo

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by the_hermit
Question:

Slash vs. Thrust on a Mincer? I thought (wrong, by the looks of it! ;)) that Thrust was better?

There is a style review ongoing (see some bits in 1.65e I believe) but so far thrust lacks a decent anytime style.
Amy, lvl 29 slash style is very nice, and with a highlander as race, does some nice damage.
Slash on my saracen scout was little mistake :p I prefer slash on my briton inf though, works very well :)
I would go slash if you have a highlander minstrel.
And I would only go for a highlander minstrel, much like I would have prefered to have a briton scout with hindsight :)
Or a briton sorc instead of an avelonian :)
Regards, Glottis

K

kirennia

Originally posted by the_hermit
Question:

Thrust only beats slash with the dragonfang which is a lvl 50 style after you evade that stuns the opponent. Well as a mincer you only have evade 2 so don't evade TOO often, you need 50 instruments so can't get 50 thrust too and you already have an insta anytime stun.

Slash generally does more damage over time. Thrtust is for some scouts and most infs. Either take thrust to 50 or don't roll it at all

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by kirennia
Thrust only beats slash with the dragonfang which is a lvl 50 style after you evade that stuns the opponent. Well as a mincer you only have evade 2 so don't evade TOO often, you need 50 instruments so can't get 50 thrust too and you already have an insta anytime stun.

Slash generally does more damage over time. Thrtust is for some scouts and most infs. Either take thrust to 50 or don't roll it at all

Basilisk fang is a nice style for a minstrel(39 thrust)

T

the_hermit

Thank you chaps :D

I rolled a Briton Minstrel in the end and have gone for Slashing... Had a look around at some Class Guides, and found one at www .kungfugeek.com/~powersong/ and it seems rather useful (sorry for not being able to post links - still a pleb on here ;))

Anyways - will have a play around, see what I can do!

Thanks again!

S

skile

If you can't autotrain. 50 instru, 43 slash is good as well. The 44 style isn't that useful. So not that big of loss not to autotrain.

B

bahamuts

highlander minstrel no matter if you are slash or trusth

C

-chancer-

mele stop following me =)

Ransom 33 Necro R2L3
*Comingsoon* L50 Mincer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom