Miming Live

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Link

Apparently Britney Spears mimes to the songs she dances to in her live set.

What are peoples opinion on this?

Me, I think there's little point in spending a fair amount of money to see someone live if all you're listening to is the CD just very loud.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Lame... but plenty of people do it... even 'bands'... it's pathetic... and yet another reason not to buy most mainstream music... I'd like to buy things where the artists can play their instruments and have talent to sing or construct a song...

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Skyler said:
Lame... but plenty of people do it... even 'bands'... it's pathetic... and yet another reason not to buy most mainstream music... I'd like to buy things where the artists can play their instruments and have talent to sing or construct a song...
hmm, maybe. I wouldn't go that far.

One thing said in her defence was 'if she's dancing a lot you can't expect her to be pitch perfect all the time', I thought; Why does she need to be pitch perfect? As long as she doesn't sing out of tune for the whole song surely that should be ok? :s

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
She's a neatly packaged stripper anyway with very catchy soundtrack. What do you excpect? Funny thing is that her main audience is pre pubertal girls, furthermore giving them ideas that "it's ok girls, you dont need to be able to sing (can be used as a metaphore for whatever proffesion) as long as you look good while doing it (humping a pole/male dancer)" Not like it's a new phenomonon, there all just emulating Marilyn Monroe anyway, the image of the dumb blonde that entertains the boys or gives the above mentioned boys something to fantasies about while there porking there average looking wife in there suburb home with 1,6 children and a collie named Lassie and a family size Volvo in the garage.

So for that reason, it's probably better if she has her mick turned off since she could'nt sing in the first place. Another funny thing to bring up is that both Britney and Christina started there careers with a very innocent cheesy teengirl angst song then later on both evolving into something kinkier then your average softpron movie, which is supposed to in some way being some way of them to celebrate there female sexuality or whatever. Which is bs.

And not like im moralizing really, if people wanna sell sex to kids I dont care since I dont have any children and if I did I would certainly tell em off from following sheeplike behaviour that's often involved in the genre by listening to such garbage, if they actually liked the music id try and give em alternatives instead of cranking down on the whole genre since that would backlash. Not like it's hard to find good music these days with the new p2p solutions, webzines and general globalisation of music instead of the tired old lobbying between the usual countries.

So, anyone gonna disagree on me on general principle like usual? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom