might be a stupid question, but:

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
lets say i made a template that has croc ring (dmg conversion etc), and it only has 10% slash/crush/thrust. then i'd take physical defence 2 (ra) which means 5% damage reduce from all melee and archery. would i then, in practise, have 20% melee resists (10% resists + 5% conversion + 5% reduce from ra) ?

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Eso

Not sure if the damage conversion on croc ring works like that, but I would still cap my melee resists tho :p The more the merrier hehe

Edit:

Kagato said:
I thought PD worked like AOM and was calculated seperatly from normal resistances. i.e deducted after normal resistances have already been done, rather then stacking straight.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
pd doesn't work like quoted, it directly adds to your melee resist. crocring however does work as secondary, it reduces 5% of the damage you take after resists.

so someone hits you for 100, minus 10 for resists and 5 for pd, leaves 85. then 5% of 85 is reduced by crocring - leaves 80.75. so in this situation crocring would add 4.25% melee resist

compared to cap melee resist with pd2, 100 minus 31, leaves 69. then the crocring absorb, leaves 65.55 - 3.45% melee resist

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
since i have both pd3 and aom3 on my ranger i'm pretty sure the RA resists are on separate tier unless they changed it in the last (tri)patch

on the other hand for vamps, dementia resists works bit different: magic goes in RA tier (like AoM) while melee stacks with base (items) resists

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
so to answer to eSo: you will end having 10% melee resists (+racial bonuses) in 1st tier, 5% from PD2 in sec tier and 5% dmg conversion...

that means when u get hited for 100 melee dmg u will have ((100-5%PD)-10%template)-5%conversion=81.23 dmg

but dont quote me on this since i have no ideea if 5%conversion gets deducted before or after resists (altho in the above calculation i deducted it after melee resist)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Eso, I would test croc ring yourself. When I tested it on my mentalist it appeared to be calculating the 5% before normal resists were added.

However in the case where you only had 15% melee resists (10 + pd), even if it was added after it would still be acting as a 4.25% resist bonus so that calculation per se is almost irelvant to whether it will give you enough melee resists.

The real question should be is @ 20% melee resists enough.. in my opnion is a little low.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
eSo said:
lets say i made a template that has croc ring (dmg conversion etc), and it only has 10% slash/crush/thrust. then i'd take physical defence 2 (ra) which means 5% damage reduce from all melee and archery. would i then, in practise, have 20% melee resists (10% resists + 5% conversion + 5% reduce from ra) ?

roughly yes, the way the two tiers and dmg conversion are applied as seperate steps makes very little difference to the end result when the numbers are low (5-20%)..

polza

Loyal Freddie
o.0 so if i have say 20% melle reists and get hit for 100dmg, it will = 80dmg
is PD resists then taken to account so say i have PD2 is it 5% of 80 dmg or is the 5% added to the 20% resisits from items, so 25% then taken of 100dmg?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
polza said:
o.0 so if i have say 20% melle reists and get hit for 100dmg, it will = 80dmg
is PD resists then taken to account so say i have PD2 is it 5% of 80 dmg or is the 5% added to the 20% resisits from items, so 25% then taken of 100dmg?

5% of 80 as its tier2, but thats like effective 24% resists as opposed to 25%, as you can see having 2 tiers makes very little difference at this level of resists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom