Midsummer's Day?

K

kr0n

Do other countries celebrate midsummer as rough and drunk as the finns? Haven't heard from that many people how they spent, since in Finland it's a big big party for the weekend...

S

Sharma

We just get pissed outta our head every friday/satuday as we normally do

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by kr0n
Do other countries celebrate midsummer as rough and drunk as the finns? Haven't heard from that many people how they spent, since in Finland it's a big big party for the weekend...

Nope :p

L

Luv_Bunny

ok, kinda figured that out myself, but what reason is there to have a celebration?

L

Luv_Bunny

you have public holidays? never even heard of that before.

T

tris-

because its the longest day of the year and the hippies think its fun to dance around stonehenge

L

Luv_Bunny

do you have the same thing in the winter? with the longest night?
ppl will just think of any reason to get drunk :rolleyes:

U

uncle_sal

Mwahaha... fun to be drunk for 3 days :)

And no... we dont celebrate shortest day... its around christmas though... i think... and we do drink much during x-mas time too :D

J

Jonaldo

In Britain we have a thing called Weekends, this is the 'end' of the 'week'. As Sharma mentioned, we all go out and get pissed at this time (although Sharma himself is far too young to consume alcolholic beverages)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Omniscieous
In Britain we have a thing called Weekends, this is the 'end' of the 'week'. As Sharma mentioned, we all go out and get pissed at this time (although Sharma himself is far too young to consume alcolholic beverages)

wow we have exactly the same thing in belgium only difrence is we let anyone old enough to have some fluf on their chin or have boobs drink (note the fluf or boobs are mutualy exclusive, bearded ladys in bars are frouned upon)

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Sibanac
wow we have exactly the same thing in belgium only difrence is we let anyone old enough to have some fluf on their chin or have boobs drink (note the fluf or boobs are mutualy exclusive, bearded ladys in bars are frouned upon)

What about someone with fluff on their boobs?

L

Luv_Bunny

Originally posted by Rubric
What about someone with fluff on their boobs?

would be wise not to reply to this one

wooops, did i say that out loud?

S

Sharma

Was on the news about a week ago that th german government are trying to stop the germans taking too many holidays, tickled me :p

D

Derric

Midsummer in Sweden used to be an old pagan fertility celebration thingie,that's why they dance around a symbol of a giant penis stuck in the ground..I'd say 99% of Swedens population spend their midsummer severly drunk. :)

F

Flesh

People dance around a statue of you Derric?
Kinda proves that Swedish people are silly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom