Midkemia MMORPG !!1

S

SilverHood

:D

Iron Realms will be developing it.... could be cool to play in REF's private playground :)

(For those who haven't got a clue, REF = Raymond E Fiest, author of the Riftwar, Serpentwar and Conclave of Shadows, based in the world of Midkemia.... good stuff :p)

D

Dook_Pug

OMG.

I'd leave DAoC without a second thought for a Midkemian based game.

Hope it has rifts etc so I can visit Kelewan.

Tsuranuanni >>> Midkemia. (See name of my Minstrel on Alb \o/)

S

SilverHood

hehe, the Empire series was so much more enjoyable.... they could easily make the game set there, and make players soldiers, lords, town crafters and assassins, complete with the political byplay :)

C

carky

Originally posted by SilverHood
hehe, the Empire series was so much more enjoyable.... they could easily make the game set there, and make players soldiers, lords, town crafters and assassins, complete with the political byplay :)
v.true

H

Harhr

i'd leave daoc for any game that has a working customer support and NO savages

D

Dook_Pug

Rah can you imagine that?

A game centered around being a Tsurani Lord and leading your House to greatness.

Damn... GIVF

C

cadiva

Oooooooooooooooooh Feist is one of my favouritest authors ever and Magician has to be one of the best fantasy books ever written (he does start to tail off a bit with some of the later ones).

Although, having seen who Iron Realms Entertainment used to be, one hopes they're going elsewhere for the graphic engine etc as their only previous multi player has been the text MUD Achaea - which is really really really really boring and I know cos I've played it on and off for years - (and yes I know that means I'm sad too but sometimes there just wasn't anything else to play ;) ).

Will keep an eye on this one but I'm still pinning all my hopes on DragonEmpires living up to all pre-release hype (crosses fingers).

S

SilverHood

hmm, Iron Realms have done 3 text MUDS now I think.... lets hope they do this in a graphical sense, rather than text based :)

C

cadiva

hmm, Iron Realms have done 3 text MUDS now I think.... lets hope they do this in a graphical sense, rather than text based :)

Aye you're right Silverhood, although Aetolia is just Achaea but after 'the world went mad!!!!' kind of thing ;)

Don't get me wrong, Matt Mihaly is a very good businessman but all his MUDs feel exactly the same.
I really hope they're looking at doing this one as a graphic and not another MUD.

S

SilverHood

yeah, would be a terrible waste of a good license to do it as a text based MUD :)

btw, how did those muds actually play?

last time I played a MUD was back in, erm, 1998, the wireplay one :confused:

G

Giljotine

Originally posted by Harhr
i'd leave daoc for any game that has a working customer support and NO savages

:great: TRUE :great:

C

cadiva

btw, how did those muds actually play?

They're actually quite involved these days and very complicated when you first start playing. Most Mudders use a telnet client called ZMud to play through because you can script in macros and aliases and variables which help to make the typing faster.

Achaea isn't actually that bad, I'm being a bit mean to it because for most of my Mud playing days I've played it's big rival Avalon-rpg.
Matt Mihaly started out as a player then a god on Avalon but eventually left to rework some of the sorce code into what became Achaea.

Basically they're still run on the old wireplay lines, you telnet into their client and type ;) The faster you can type/work out aliases/set macros and triggers and use variables, the more you're likely to win fights.
Avalon is great tho in that you can choose not to fight and work your way through the ranks using political means to gain power.

They're both worth trying just for the laugh, Avalon has a free first five hours then it's £15 a month unlimited play (and you lot moan about GOA's charges ;) ), Achaea is free to play but you buy credits if you want to gain lessons etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom