midguard

F

fl3a

Originally posted by Athis
Albion is an ancient name for England which was partly adopted by the romans as well.

wasnt like ... Caesar put that name on Enlgand and didnt adopt it? was some myth or whatever that he was riding with his zerg of ships toward England and didnt know what the place was called or smth and then saw some white cliffs on the shore and named the place Albion after them?

A

ardamels

Originally posted by Vireb
shannon estuary exists in ireland only name i know in hib that is a rl place
cotswold, plains,dartmoor , lyoness (well was a mythical land on the end of cornwall that was lost to the sea) all exists in England

not sure on midgard names though

Many names in Midgard are equalent to names in Sweden, some zones are named after Swedish landskaps (almost the same counties), names like Uppland and Jamtland. Sweden is divided into 3 bigger areas: Götaland, Svealand and Norrland. In Midgard we have W Svealand, E Svealand and Gotar (I live in Götaland) for example, so there are lots of names taken from places which exist in Sweden.

A

Athis

Originally posted by fl3a
wasnt like ... Caesar put that name on Enlgand and didnt adopt it? was some myth or whatever that he was riding with his zerg of ships toward England and didnt know what the place was called or smth and then saw some white cliffs on the shore and named the place Albion after them?

Apparently, the name Albion is originally celtic, the romans however connected the name with the chalk cliffs of Dover.

Or so teh intarnet!!!111 says anyway

Phoar, I r Phnaargos Resident spamm0r!!!111 ololololol kekekeke ^_^ etc

R

Riddler

strong thread this....ancient history rocks :eek:

gifv more please :p

K

kirennia

aye, lyonesse is at the tip of cornwall as well which is the south westernly most point of england ...don't think I need to explain cornwall after that. Dartmoor is about 10 miles away from my house and no, it looks nothing like real life dartmoor and doesnt have a big dragon in it :rolleyes:

But back on the topic

ITS SPELT MIDGARD DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Firebolg, Minstral, Midguard...

Heard them when server went live, still hear em, won't ever stop :)

R

Riddler

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
Firebolg, Minstral, Midguard...

Heard them when server went live, still hear em, won't ever stop :)

dont forget ministrel, thurgeist and eldricht :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom