Midgard Tourism Board announcement

S

si1verwolf

Midgard Tourism Board (MTB)

A new way forward... from Invaders to Tourists in 4 easy steps:

I think we are missing out on a perfect way to get hold of alot of cash from those pesky Albs and Hibs. The following 4 point plan will increase the wealth of Midgard to such a scale never seen before! This will lead to better housing and a way of life for all Midgardians.:

1) Mile Gates - Install Turnstiles. At 10sp's to get in, we'll employ a couple of the larger trolls to collect an entry fee from all the 'tourists'. Alb zergs should become very profitable.
2) Employ Skalds to round the tourists up and take them on tours of the frontier. These trips would have to be booked and paid for in advance, with your MTB tour operator.
3) A small charge also for armed guards, in case the wildlife get's the better of them. Tourists should also have access to "Rez insurance".
4) The last stop for the toursists could be a Souvenir Shop where they could buy traditionally crafted leather, cloth or chain goods, and as many hinges as they could carry. They may even spend sometime in the Olde Touriste Inne, where they can enjoy the delights of good Dwarven ale.

All the above points are subject to change, and prices can go down as well as up. MTB accepts no responsibility for items brought into the realm. Bandits are at large, be safe, and get adequate insurance. Guard protection is not guaranteed. :D

C

chretien

Sounds like an excellent idea Silverwolf. Would be nice to finally see some Midgardians in their own frontier.

F

Flimgoblin

Hrm mind if I steal your idea and take it to Hibernia? I wanna make my mithrils!

S

si1verwolf

Did I not say?... This idea is copyrighted, and MTB will need 15% of all takings as part of the royalties setup!:D

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by si1verwolf
1) Mile Gates - Install Turnstiles. At 10sp's to get in, we'll employ a couple of the larger trolls to collect an entry fee from all the 'tourists'. Alb zergs should become very profitable.

Edit to point (1). Obviously security of the realm is still at the forefront of our minds. Lockers will be installed for visitors to leave their weapons and pointy sticks. Random security checks will be carried out... body searches on the Elven ladies will be referred to me! ;)

K

Keogh

Visit Midgard, the most depressingly gray Realm in DAoC

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Keogh
Visit Midgard, the most depressingly gray Realm in DAoC

Ooh yeah, and Albion is just a Jolly old show of lights and carnival flags. :p

K

Keogh

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Ooh yeah, and Albion is just a Jolly old show of lights and carnival flags. :p

Maybe not, but its not as depressing as gray old Middy :p

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Gray landscape, but colourful characters - just how I like it ;)

S

suliven

Being an Alb obviously I'm looking to book my ski-trip for the Winter. Maybe this could be added to the tour itinerary in snowy Mid?

Could you therefore let me know the lift-pass prices and the availability of fondue restaurants.

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by suliven
Being an Alb obviously I'm looking to book my ski-trip for the Winter. Maybe this could be added to the tour itinerary in snowy Mid?

Could you therefore let me know the lift-pass prices and the availability of fondue restaurants.

LOL... Yes, Ski Trips are available, and shield users can even save money and use them as snowboards. The lift-pass has been out of order since the Firbolg's on a stag party overloaded the mechanism.

MTB can also, through a third party organise golfing holidays in Emain... subject to availability...

P.S. I was trying to find the link to GU Comics which shows the two geeks at their PC wearing sunglasses to look at the screen of the Midgard frontier... but I couldn't find it! :( I would welcome someone to save the day and post the link! :D

S

si1verwolf

I haven't heard from any other realm's and their Tourist Agencies?... what can the other realms offer?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom