Midgard shields

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Atm im getting quite frustrated on the TOA part...im working on my template, yet im lacking a shield. My first dream was Khaos shield, but its hard to gather enough people to nail that Centaur.
Second was Cyclops shield, but can´t get it in large :-/
I cba either with the ML7 shield, heal value 80 in rvr dosen´t sound so useful to me.

Can´t see to find any info on dropped shields in TOA. Anyone got some ideas?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Sanzor said:
Atm im getting quite frustrated on the TOA part...im working on my template, yet im lacking a shield. My first dream was Khaos shield, but its hard to gather enough people to nail that Centaur.
Second was Cyclops shield, but can´t get it in large :-/
I cba either with the ML7 shield, heal value 80 in rvr dosen´t sound so useful to me.

Can´t see to find any info on dropped shields in TOA. Anyone got some ideas?

Magma infused defender. ML7 dropped shield. Reactive heal proc4tehwin!

Large Shield, MP
Shield: 5 pts
Dexterity: 15 pts
ALL melee weapon skills: 3 pts
Heat: 6%
Bonus to armor factor (AF): 10
Reactive 80 value heal proc

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Yaruar, even if you ignore the Heal reproc its still a pretty sweet shield.

As for Aten's - its not worth the effort imo. Aside from the small fact that you get some pricks who just pop the chests and run (thus filling Treasure Isle with a large army of mobs) in an effort to get it, its totally random (helped sombody with it once, we were there for 2hrs popping chests until we decided to give up :()

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
The 80 hp heal heals you for 100 hp actually when it procs, so it is kinda nice, only works in rvr, but I don't use that shield elsewere anyway. Shield of Khaos sucks, bad. Stats wise, and proc wise. I have no idea why is it so hard to get, while not even that good. Only reason I'd get the khaos shield because it looks great, but hey, the magma defender has decent gfx too, and I'm not even on about looks :).

Disorient sounds catchy, but it is a 15 minute charge, so basically useless.

Lethul

FH is my second home
guthlacs shield or whatever its called from TG is the best shield ingame. Large shield with small shield speed, cant go wrong

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I like my Shield of Khaos, sure not the best utility or anything but it got 5% meleespeed.. and that's good ;)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
I like my Shield of Khaos, sure not the best utility or anything but it got 5% meleespeed.. and that's good ;)

Cap yer meleespeed with som+spear of kings+the naxos abalone bracer tbh.

I'd feel missing out a lot on the magma defender. With all the defensive abilities a warrior can get (50% style absorb from spear of kings,af bonus from guard of valor, specline af buff charge on a gem which lasts 10 minutes and costs 100 gold to recharge 10 charges, som ablative,item af bonus), that 100 hp heal can really piss off other meleers hitting you.

Lethul said:
guthlacs shield or whatever its called from TG is the best shield ingame. Large shield with small shield speed, cant go wrong

Indeed, it's the Guthlac Great Shield, better than the magma defender, hard to obtain tho.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
also ml3.9 (?) shield is decent, looks awful tho. has alot of imbue on it cos' of the resists

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Guthlac as someone mentioned is the best and most optional shield, not the easiest to obtain, otherwise i would say that ml7 medium shield is nice, well, it aint a large shield, but with BG the shield size doesnt matter, and it has better speed then the large one (+ it has melee speed on it aswell, just 2% but anyway). would rather be slamming faster then blocking 3 instead of 2 targets at once.

there is prolly more nice shields aswell i bet. but all the ml7 shields is atleast easy to get. easy mob, and quick respawn timer...

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
i guess the best combo would be

2h battler and
Guth + arti 1h (i.e.croc) or crafted shield + SoK

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Summoner said:
or crafted shield + SoK

dunno how its with the new crafted ones, but the old have sooky speed atleast, (4.x smth).

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
dunno how its with the new crafted ones, but the old have sooky speed atleast, (4.x smth).
Use small shield for slams and guard, switch to fastest large shield when you get train on you.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
I got one of the Guthlac Great Shields on my lv 46 warrior, any idea what they are worth in P? :p

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
harebear said:
I got one of the Guthlac Great Shields on my lv 46 warrior, any idea what they are worth in P? :p

i can take it for a few coins 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom