Midgard only TOA UI

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
UI gettin better and better :cheers:

Now it looks good and clean too :eek6:
I'm still missing stick sprint face and such on command bar... cant get used to using shift commands fer it and cant put in qb, i got no room there... and where did the rp bar go? liked that one... :(

Sulphuric

Fledgling Freddie
Kami,

I downloaded and tried out versions 1.3 and 1.4 last night, definitely a nice job you've done there.

Personally I prefer the character display window style from 1.3 with the hp/end/pow/con bars and Exp bubs/bar with numbers beside them, rather than the new style 'sphere' style, the former is a lot easier to read for me.

However, I also prefer the new blue colour over the old gold one, and 1.3 doesn't have the healer's helper style window in it so it's a quandry as to which one to go for!

Any chance of having a version with blue skin, old-style 'bar/bubs' char display and the healer helper group window? Probably not, but might as well ask ;)

Also a n00bish question, what is the 'Mrp' bar for? I get that Mxp is Master Level xp, but Mrp?

Slycin

Fledgling Freddie
Downloaded the original and updates for this skin and I really like it, only problem is I just right clicked on the stable master outside svasud and for some reason the Buy/Sell window that comes up is set to a certain size, so I can't resize so that it's smaller. With the window locked in the large size atm I can't see the Buy/Sell buttons or get to the resize section of it (as it is below the Buy/Sell buttons) any idea what's wrong ?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
H4rrM said:
I'm still missing stick sprint face and such on command bar... cant get used to using shift commands fer it and cant put in qb, i got no room there... and where did the rp bar go? liked that one...
I'm still trying to think of a nice, clean and easy way to stick the map buttons elsewhere as I'm not a big fan of having them on the command bar (which a lot of people don't have opened). Once I've done this the old command bar will be back and so will your buttons for sprint etc :) I'm also contemplating a version of the UI which has NO MAPS or map links in it, it'd be a tiny download and since a lot of Mid veterans know thier way around it might be popular.

Sulphuric said:
Kami,

I downloaded and tried out versions 1.3 and 1.4 last night, definitely a nice job you've done there.

Personally I prefer the character display window style from 1.3 with the hp/end/pow/con bars and Exp bubs/bar with numbers beside them, rather than the new style 'sphere' style, the former is a lot easier to read for me.

However, I also prefer the new blue colour over the old gold one, and 1.3 doesn't have the healer's helper style window in it so it's a quandry as to which one to go for!

Any chance of having a version with blue skin, old-style 'bar/bubs' char display and the healer helper group window? Probably not, but might as well ask

Also a n00bish question, what is the 'Mrp' bar for? I get that Mxp is Master Level xp, but Mrp?
old style stuff? I might do as it's easy enough to sort out. Technically all you have to do is get the summary.xml from version 1.3 and chuck it in the custom ui folder. That should revert it :) I might list this on the site as a separate download later on today once I've been able to check it works (no reason it shouldn't).

I've no idea what Mrp is but most mods seem to be including it - I'm assuming it's something to do with a later US patch but I'm really tempted to replace it with the old realm rank indicator which I found really handy.

Slycin said:
Downloaded the original and updates for this skin and I really like it, only problem is I just right clicked on the stable master outside svasud and for some reason the Buy/Sell window that comes up is set to a certain size, so I can't resize so that it's smaller. With the window locked in the large size atm I can't see the Buy/Sell buttons or get to the resize section of it (as it is below the Buy/Sell buttons) any idea what's wrong ?
Yeah that was an earlier mod I added to make it easier for crafters to buy stuff (no need to scroll), unfortunately it's been getting right on my manbreasts lately so I'll probably revert it to the old 20 items list rather than 30 as it is currently!

Take it nobody plays spiritmaster/hunter or bonedancer, there's a bug on the pet window that nobody has noticed except me when I logged my BD in a little while ago. Version 1.5 will be out this weekend with some more tweaks, bug fixes and a few improved maps. :D

Sulphuric

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the suggestion about summary.xml, worked fine.

Will check out 1.5 on the weekend!

Kainz

Fledgling Freddie
Bwahaha, I've seen an early update of what is on the way and I likes it a lot! He's been tweaking at it for a while now and it really looks good. Giv us update!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
This is the latest build of the UI that I'm working on, any comments would be appreciated.

halfmadUI152.jpg

Sulphuric - after this update the version of the summary window that you're using might not work properly or look plain shite. I'm intending to rename the mod and bring out mix and match windows so that people can build thier own one based on mine. That will include a bar type summary window and a version of the mod that doesn't have maps or the associated buttons/command bars.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Dont forget a spot where you can see whats happening in game! :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I can there's a 1 square inch bit above the summary window that's clear until I target something then it fills up :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I've uploaded the latest version of the UI to here

You'll need to grab the full install if you want the frontier map fix and the TOA map with all the artifact/encounter locations. There's also a bargraph version of the summary window available for those that don't like the new style one.

Sulphuric

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:

You'll need to grab the full install if you want the frontier map fix and the TOA map with all the artifact/encounter locations. There's also a bargraph version of the summary window available for those that don't like the new style one.

So you've already got a bar graph summary window that works with this version? Awesome! I'll be downloading it when I get home :)

What was up with the frontier maps that required fixing them?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
it's a tiny fix, noticed that some black marks appeared on the UI when you had them opened although it went away once you closed them - just a stupid mark at the botton right of the graphic :)

PaqMan

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:

I like it, but it with the compass where it is, once I make the info window semitransparent the black in compass shines through. Perhaps make that 100% transparent so only the actual direction letters show?

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
:worthy: Awesome! :worthy:​
Now the only thing this UI misses on my screen is to change that stoopid twoll that seems to run in front of screen all the time and do stopid things...
Or perhaps a winamp controller...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
PaqMan said:
I like it, but it with the compass where it is, once I make the info window semitransparent the black in compass shines through. Perhaps make that 100% transparent so only the actual direction letters show?
good point mate I dont use transparency much but it does look sodding ugly. I will tweak!

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
Verry cool with all the markings on maps fer ml mobs artifacts etc...
Found one bug tho... Havens of Stygia is marked on two places. The one in Boreal near scepter encounter is incorrect. If i remember right that arrow pointing north saying 'Stygian Delta' is in a zonewall.

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, and another thing u could ad to make this UI even better is house numbers in every village (ie. villageX (lots Y to Z))

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
H4rrM said:
Oh, and another thing u could ad to make this UI even better is house numbers in every village (ie. villageX (lots Y to Z))
hmm that's an awful good idea mate, I'm one of those people that spend most of thier time running at zone walls trying to get to a house to buy something :worthy:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Funkybunny said:
how do i get out the maps in this new verision? dcant see the button... :)
There should be 3 little buttons on the summary window (unless something has gone horribly wrong)..

M - Maps, G - Group, F - Friends

The maps should pop up with thier own little window now.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'm currently working on a scroll list addon, it's partially just for myself since I never know what scrolls work for what artifacts and where the hell to get them without constantly alt tabbing out to a website. If people think it'd be handy let me know and I'll release it as an optional addon for the current UI. It still needs work as it's a little rough:

screenshot

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
keep that going, we do not want alt tab nor window mode in daoc :)
scrolls with what artifacts and where to get em would rock

Edo

Fledgling Freddie
Got 1 question, I cant find the quick bar as window in the xml code. is that "normal" or I just gimp? (maybe both :eek7: )
Nice work on the interface, thank you mate really apreciate.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think the quickbars are part of custom UIs. At least I've never tried to edit them :) no doubt if I'd spotted them I would have done something though!

Gravmaskin

Fledgling Freddie
quite a kickass UI but having the area where u get name of what u have in target transparent? might be hard while beeing in odin's and everything is white.

(and its really great with maps, cant wait for maps over dungeons to be added)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
yup it's also not ideal for Stygia where it might not be white but it's pretty damn bright! If i manage too I'll probably stick a smaller version inside the summary window for situations like that. I'm using the mod constantly when I play (spend more time playing with mods now) so I'll hopefully spot this sort of problem if it's not reported :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom