Midgard/Gotar mob location map

D

Depape

Here's first draft of my Midgard/Gotar mob location map. All suggestions welcome :)

Edit: After few suggestions, I've added mob levels, according to Illia's Bestiary.

gotar_mobs.jpg

P.S. Would any DAoC guild or someone else be willing to host such maps on his site?

B

Belsameth

great map!

just a thought to, maybe you could put the aprox level between their name?

S

SFXman

Excellent work m8! Superb.
Map of Yggdra possibly?

B

Belsameth

all you need to know is the undead camp, lotsa middies always hunting there ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
all you need to know is the undead camp, lotsa middies always hunting there ;)
Yeah, I think I know the spot. I just want to know what is a safe route to take :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Why not try DAOC Nation for hosting your maps? Sticky link at top of forum.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Trine Aquavit
Why not try DAOC Nation for hosting your maps? Sticky link at top of forum.
Sweet idea actually. Depape can be DAoC Nations mapmaker!

D

Depape

Originally posted by SFXman
Excellent work m8! Superb.
Map of Yggdra possibly?

With my lvl 17 hunter? Don't think so :)

Next one will be Vale of Mularn (half done) and then prolly Myrkwood Forest.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Depape

With my lvl 17 hunter? Don't think so :)

Next one will be Vale of Mularn (half done) and then prolly Myrkwood Forest.
Awwww come on. Level first then do Yggdra! A map like of Yggdra would be a dream come true.

O

old.ViscountCharles

It's a good map. Unfortunately it's been done before :(

Do a web search for Kirtsena's Atlas - a great set of maps which show mob spawn places and lists their levels. Unfortunately, there are only 2 midgard maps at the mment, and one of those is Gotar :( :(

D

Depape

Originally posted by ViscountCharles
It's a good map. Unfortunately it's been done before :(

Do a web search for Kirtsena's Atlas - a great set of maps which show mob spawn places and lists their levels. Unfortunately, there are only 2 midgard maps at the mment, and one of those is Gotar :( :(

I know about Kirstena's maps (and few others too). But thing is, most of them are Albion or Hib maps, Midgard one's are nowhere to be found. That's why I started this :)

Z

Zagantia

Excellent map Depape :clap: .. any luck with the hosting yet?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

If you do do a map of Ygddra then post it on the Midgard forum - them Albs and Hibbies 'aint smart enough to look there. It seems that they aren't smart enough to do a search on the net for Midgard maps, anyway.

I like what you're doing, though. The spawn detail is very handy for hunting, especially for kill-tasks.

F

Flimgoblin

What are you using to generate the maps?
That python script that someone had before?

(couldnt get it working :()

I'd be interested in albion maps like that - kirstena's areg great - very useful... but they're not quite so pretty :)

A

Aeiedil

just been pointed @ this thread (after an email with a huge attachment, some of us *are* on 56k modems :( ) :)

very nice maps :) about all i could say is an approx mob level (as mentioned) would be very nice :) but im sure such things can be added after in some way :D

can you do them for all 3 realms? or is it a midgard-only thing ::eek:

D

Depape

Originally posted by Aeiedil
can you do them for all 3 realms? or is it a midgard-only thing ::eek:

Can do the Hibbie mob location maps later on I suppose, coz I got few chars there. As for Albion, dunno, hard to make this thing without a char in a realm :)

Plus, Albion and Hibbie are rather well cowered already on other sites methink.

O

old.Iunliten

Originally posted by SFXman

Yeah, I think I know the spot. I just want to know what is a safe route to take :)

I could tell you how I get there as an eldritch and only problem on the way is a wyvern that is almost dangerously close.

But if I do that then I will have 3 shadowblades waiting next time I am going along that way. But you are a stealther, just stealth right in no worries!

A

Aeiedil

well ill guess the *obvious* solution would be to get someone else to add mob locations onto the other 2 maps

anyone volunteering? :)

A

Aeiedil

now if i was a middie id want a map like that ;)

O

old.ViU

Curious

Just curious, how did you get the lvs...? I know of two (maybe 3) programs that shows the lv of the mobs...

D

Depape

Re: Curious

Originally posted by ViU
Just curious, how did you get the lvs...? I know of two (maybe 3) programs that shows the lv of the mobs...

I don't know of any :) I got the levels from Illia's Bestiary

O

old.ViU

nm

/blushes
my bad not remembering that one, or the other pages who have the lvs

edit: nice maps btw, I tought about making maps like that but I'm way to lazy :)

D

Depape

Re: nm

Originally posted by ViU
/blushes
my bad not remembering that one, or the other pages who have the lvs
;)
Originally posted by ViU
edit: nice maps btw, I tought about making maps like that but I'm way to lazy :)
Thanks, I have now finished all the maps for all 3 realms (without mob spawns ofcourse). They'll be hosted somewhere close soon I hope :)

A

Aeiedil

Indeed :) expect to see the maps, and when finished the mob maps, on daocnation soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom