Microphone won't unmute?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Ok, I got a problem (yet again), my microphone won't unmute when I go to my volume control panel on recording volume.

People can't seem to hear me on ventrilo nor teamspeak, and this just suddenly happened. I've even tried system restore from 4th december - 1st december but it didn't help.

This happened to me yesterday, and I've tried everything, even the msn microphone configuration tool.

I've tried new drivers, I've tried system restore and I've tested a new sound mixer, but nothing helped :(

In dire need as I need ventrilo to work for my daily guild group.

Thanks alot.

edit:

Here's a picture of the sound record volum control:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Ok, So I found a way to take the mute to "Line In" instead, but there's still no sign of it working :(

I've tried two other mics as well :(

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Well you have Creative SB Live!...
I'd suggest you downloaded newest Mixer, enabled mic in, activated +20dB boost and with Mixer just set mic in as 'recording device'... this should work... Also, you need to run Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Voice -> Test Hardware... quite strange sometimes sound recording won't work without this test (application depending)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Nothing worked so I uninstalled EVERYTHING which had something to do with my soundcard, installed from cd afterwards and it worked oO

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Dude... that's recording options... that's not muting or unmuting, that's selecting the channel to use for recording an audiosignal..

Select
Options >> Properties
and check [playback] instead of [recording] and press the big A-OK button...

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
Leave the box ticked in the recording options m8.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I tried that, but it didn't work.

Like I said, I got help from about 10 people, nothing worked, even had a friend who's a computer genius helping me but he couldn't figure it out, so I uninstalled everything and installed it again ^^

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Just check that your keyboard doesn't have a big nasty mute button on it - found out the hard way that mine did & I'd never noticed it before right above the F6 key that I'd hit in panic, couldn't work it out at all, until a guildy mentioned the possibility - followed by much laughter :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
That's not the problem.

Anyway, it's fixed.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
You have onboard sound? If so, remember in future to make sure it's using the right mic input. When you reinstalled (assuming you have onboard snd) it does this for you, so that's prob what it was.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I don't, I disabled that onboard soundcard when I got my new Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom