Mezzzzzing

O

old.Woodmansee

I want to hear peoples views on mezzing in rvr.
Also can someone tell me, if ive been mezzed in combat, can another type of mez effect me, before the minute is up? I seem to be getting mezzed for like 3 mins, by different types of mez, all in a row!

It seems that rvr is a battle of the mez, and its a shame that the only char that can ae mez in midgard, (the healer) no one likes to play.

To the next person that sticks me in a trance in emain, this is for you :upyours:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Woodmansee
I want to hear peoples views on mezzing in rvr.
Also can someone tell me, if ive been mezzed in combat, can another type of mez effect me, before the minute is up? I seem to be getting mezzed for like 3 mins, by different types of mez, all in a row!

It seems that rvr is a battle of the mez, and its a shame that the only char that can ae mez in midgard, (the healer) no one likes to play.

To the next person that sticks me in a trance in emain, this is for you :upyours:
Hehe. I guess mezzes can be reset if they are odne by different people but currently there is only one class in all three realms that is able to chain-mez. Otherwise, if there is only one mezzer, chances are that he will only be able to mez you once in a battle.

F

Farnis

What class can chain mez...?

I thought all classes could chain mez - but each time you cast a mez - its duration is reduced by 50 %. So the effect of chain mezzing is actually to reduce the amount of time mezzed..

Let me know if im wrong - coz as healer I find mez kinda imnportant...:)

Laters
Farn.

O

old.chesnor

Mezz and stun timers are independant and on different timers ( 1min for both iirc ). There is also only 1 type of mezz and 1 type of stun. It appears the albs favourite tactic is to AE stun ( lasts maybe 10-20s, then AE mezz ( lasts maybe 1 min ). By the time the mezz has worn off we are eating dirt. No mezz lasts 3 mins, and mezz don't stack. So it's probably a product of the insane pace of RvR skirmishes that it appears you are mezzed for 3 mins Woody.

And you are right about healers in mid woody. We are the best mezzing class, but thats just about all we got to offer in RvR. In 1.49 and 1.50 patches, druids gets a group mezz purge spell and all group healing spells will break mezz. So things are looking up.

NOTE TO MID HEALERS......Patch 1.50 introduces a group heal spell in our mending line. Yep, you heard it, a non-timer group heal :)))) Nice mezz breaker, and a real boost for the ailing Healer class.

O

old.Prof

Mezzing in RvR will be majorly nerfed with the 1.50 patch/update (currently on test in the USA)

And yes that's cause it's overly powerfull in RvR ... :eek:

K

Khalen

Same here woody. I think all fighters hate mezz and stuns... Especially because we are only able to hit in close combat..

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Farnis
What class can chain mez...?

I thought all classes could chain mez - but each time you cast a mez - its duration is reduced by 50 %. So the effect of chain mezzing is actually to reduce the amount of time mezzed..

Let me know if im wrong - coz as healer I find mez kinda imnportant...:)

Laters
Farn.
In 1.46 there is a mez-related thing changed.
- When we made all Stun/Mez/Root spells not chain cast-able a few versions ago, we unintentionally left the Spiritmaster point blank AE mesmerize line (the Gloom Wave line) as chain cast-able. This has been fixed, so you can no longer chain-mez with this line of spells.

S

Spudgie

RvR battles are simple

First Mez Wins :mad:

Albs with instacast mezzes have a massive advantage

D

Danya

No Alb class can AE stun, in fact I didn't think any class could AE stun. Normal tactic is to AE mez then go round the opponents one by one and use a single target stun then whack them till dead.

O

old.chesnor

I stand corrected.

Middy healers have a castable AE stun, and an insta at high levels. I am lvl45 with high pacification and still havn't got the insta yet, maybe in 1 or 2 levels.

O

old.Spug

how high is you pac then? I believe the insta stun/mez spells start around 25 ish in pac...

O

old.chesnor

My pac is 43 with buffs. I think it is around 37 without. iirc I got insta AE mezz at 36, and will get insta AE stun at 38.

O

old.Fae

Does the death of the mezzer kill the mez ? Not done any RvR but assuming one of a shades missions will be take out the enemys mezzer ?

Also if Im stealthed and in the AOE range do I get mezzed ? If yes do I also get revealed ?

Cheers

R

Riddler

Originally posted by Fae
Does the death of the mezzer kill the mez ? Not done any RvR but assuming one of a shades missions will be take out the enemys mezzer ?

Also if Im stealthed and in the AOE range do I get mezzed ? If yes do I also get revealed ?

Cheers

your first question i can answer and the answer is no, which is very annoying

dont know the answer of your 2nd question but i presume IF u get mezzed while stealthed u also get revealed

O

old.chesnor

The mezz sticks after the mezzer dies. A mezz is a cast spell, so once cast it lasts for its specified duration regardless of the mezzers fate (like a poison for example).

AE mezz will only stick to those chars that are visible to the casters. So stealthed chars are unaffected. If you cannot be targetted, you cannot be affected by any castable spell ( I think ).

And I wouldn't recommend using assasins to kill middy healers. We have loads of hp (1100+ at lvl45), loads of af (af98 chain all round) and instas coming out of our ears.

O

old.Woodmansee

You mess with our healer, you die like a squealer :)

D

Danya

AE hits while stealthed. I'm not sure about mez/stun but I have been hit for AE damage by a thane while stealthed. It didn't break the stealth though.

O

old.Iunliten

As a shadowblade I feel the urge to tell

You can get mezzed while stealthed but your are still stealthed...

A

Aeiedil

Dannyn, when you get aoe damaged in stealth it breaks it now :( before the patch it didnt though :( what i say is bah

D

Danya

This was post patch, within the past week I think, I didn't break stealth and was hit for about 100 damage.
As I didn't even start my minstrel till after the patch it must be post patch... ;)

A

Aeiedil

*ahem* bug? :( that aint rite, as soon as you get damaged you should drop outa stealth :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom