Metroid Prime Corruption (Wii)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Anyone else got it? I got it this evening, only played it for 3 hours so far as my batteries died so have put them on charge. What I did play of it seemed very good though :]

The aiming is very precise and this is by far the best game so far to make use of the wii's capabilities, I had two boss fights and both were pretty epic :)

Nate

FH is my second home
I haven't played much at all, due to Witcher pwnaging. Yet I did like the immersion, it seemed to be a lot more involved then other games recently. Being able to search pretty much anything with your HUD is pretty cool.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Been watching my mate on it for a few days now.

Looks the fucking tits tbh! :D

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Its good, however overlord is so much fun i havent got round to playing it much ><

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
looked at it on youtube, wth?

metroid should be platform! not fps

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
metroid should be platform! not fps

Wha?

Platform as in xbox/ps3/ds? :eek7:

Or is platform some new game genre i've heard nothing about, since usually it means "equipment to use games with"(in general).

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Wha?

Platform as in xbox/ps3/ds? :eek7:

Or is platform some new game genre i've heard nothing about, since usually it means "equipment to use games with"(in general).

platform isn't really a "new" genre

supermario/orignial metriod etc=platform games

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
platform isn't really a "new" genre

supermario/orignial metriod etc=platform games

Must be a "occupational knowledge problem", 'cause everytime i speak of platforms, it means the console/pc a game is on.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, i get it, like i said, must be an ocupational/language thing.

When talking about platform, it's usually been about platforms, and platform games has never come up in anything.

Hensh, i learn now.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Right, going completely off-topic here but Heta, is your avatar a sketch of you?

If that's the case you look remarkably like a workmate who's sat about 2m to my left.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I just wanted to bask a little more in the glory :p

Oh i'm not saying i was wrong, just that *cough* i learned more. Yes. That's it.

Actually i didn't claim anything so i guess there's no wrong/right here :eek6:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Right, going completely off-topic here but Heta, is your avatar a sketch of you?

If that's the case you look remarkably like a workmate who's sat about 2m to my left.

yes it is, but I didn't like how it came out so gave up halfway through but thought I use it as a avatar anyhow, have no idea if you look like the workmate I have sitting ~2m to my right, mainly cause I don't know what you look like

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
There's a photo on my profile, click avatar etc!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
nope, not the least like him

thing the main reason is that I have my own office and no one sitting to my right :(

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Oh no no, just the "bask in glory" bit seemed like a "i won" waving of epeen :D

na, I just had to check if I was correct or if I had gone and done a bad translation into english from swedish :p

was the reason why I posted the link to old platform games

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
na, I just had to check if I was correct or if I had gone and done a bad translation into english from swedish :p

was the reason why I posted the link to old platform games

Ah ok, we have an even more complicated language barrier here with both non-english talking english in english terms :clap:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
just bought this having never played any of the previous (few friends told me it was amazing)

what can i expect? o_O

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
just bought this having never played any of the previous (few friends told me it was amazing)

what can i expect? o_O

To put it in the game console.
To play it.
To gather your own opinion? :D

Getting opinion on a game you've already bought, and haven't tried, can only ruin your experience.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
To put it in the game console.
To play it.
To gather your own opinion? :D

Getting opinion on a game you've already bought, and haven't tried, can only ruin your experience.

well what i was wondering about was if i was going to miss out on any major story by going straight for the 3rd one, or if there are any major problems with it an how to avoid it happening (like falling into walls and stuff o_O )

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well what i was wondering about was if i was going to miss out on any major story by going straight for the 3rd one, or if there are any major problems with it an how to avoid it happening (like falling into walls and stuff o_O )

Ah right right.

Well, when i started Half-life 2, i simply read about 1 on wiki, and it pretty much set me up right away.

Might find the whole story of previous games there.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
You won't miss an amazing amount of the story but you will be a little confused as to what may be going on.

In short;

Metroid Prime 1 -

Samus finds a planet being used by Space Pirates as a testing lab for Metroids and Phazon experiments (Radioactive blue/white goo which hurts you).

You get a Phazon suit close to the end, fight ridley, fight metroid prime, lose phazon suit and Dark Samus is created.

Metroid Prime 2 -

More experiments with Phazon including more fights with Dark Samus, bla-de-bla, same stuff, ends with becoming infected with Phazon which is corrupting Samus from the inside out, cue Metroid Prime 3.

I believe Metroid is a fairly easy story to pick up, hell I only started playing from Prime 1 and the whole Metroid story has been going for about 20 years now? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom