Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Could'nt find a thread about this game, so thought i'd start one. Being lucky enough to have gotton hold of this game friday, i've spent most of the weekend on it.

One word review: FANTASTIC - 9/10

Oh this is one sweet game. The controls are precise, not like previous FPS's like Red steel or COD - you no longer act like a frog in a blender. There's a targeting lock mechanism that really helps, expecially when you've a handful of trigger happy pirates running about. Gestures are used intelligently and not as a gimic - thoughts of "that's cool" when i first activated a door lock arose.

Wii was made for games like this, highly recommended. Buy it. If you don't have a Wii then buy one of those too.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
This and Paper Mario are what will make me turn my Wii back on :)

A lot of people I've heard from have said that the FPS works really well in this game and that a lot of studios could learn from it.

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Could'nt find a thread about this game, so thought i'd start one. Being lucky enough to have gotton hold of this game friday, i've spent most of the weekend on it.

One word review: FANTASTIC - 9/10

Oh this is one sweet game. The controls are precise, not like previous FPS's like Red steel or COD - you no longer act like a frog in a blender. There's a targeting lock mechanism that really helps, expecially when you've a handful of trigger happy pirates running about. Gestures are used intelligently and not as a gimic - thoughts of "that's cool" when i first activated a door lock arose.

Wii was made for games like this, highly recommended. Buy it. If you don't have a Wii then buy one of those too.

you in the US? Isn't released for another 2 months here yet

edit: also, still no online play which is a total letdown.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm in Asia with a US Wii, and a bro who posted it to me.

You're right about online play - should have been simple to do :(.

Ono

Part of the furniture
I've got a US Wii and had this last week too.

Controls are really fantastic and bring you into the game far more than the pad did in the previous games.

Not that far in at the moment, but can probably say this will be the first Metroid game I'll ever complete :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
silly thing but even tho i played teh gc game a while back i can barely remeber anything about it story wise.

does it play a big part for this one as well??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom