Metallica

Z

.z.

Who likes Metallica? What is your favourite album/song?

Mine is probably ...And Justice For All or Garage Inc., and Seek and Destroy or Astronomy.

M

mank!

I can't stand Metallica. Mostly because they've bumming the RIAA, but hey.

Z

.z.

Ah well, you can't win every battle. The old stuff is bloody fantastic - that was before the RIAA was invented, i believe.

Z

.z.

Anyone noticed how RIAA sounds similar to IRA...?

(Can't edit posts. :mad:)

M

Munkey-

Master of Puppets....... :p Havent really gotten into this "scene" to be honest. Though i do have to agree that St. Anger isnt up to the standard of metallica's earlier albums.

(please. lets not have a St. Anger argument alllll over again)

S

silverthorn

St Anger rocks big time... thats all I'm gunna say Munkey ;)

Best talliboys song is a tough one, depends on what I'm listening to. Master of Puppets for the solo alone, although I do love playing along with Unforgiven Too (shhhhh, there's nothing wrong with Load and ReLoad... much)

There are too many classics to consider :)

G

Gumbo

Obtain a copy of Garage days Re-Revisited, by purely legitimate means, also So What, Stone cold crazy, and a bunch of other early stuff / covers.

Anything after the black album is pants, oooh get the cliff em all vid too, and listen to Master of Puppets till your ears bleed, then listen to it again.

They really should have all died in horrific gardening accidents in 1994ish and left their legacy intact.

S

Sharma

Some of their old stuff was good, my bro just bough St. Anger, all i can say its that is really is a steaming pile of shite, whenever he puts it on he puts it on full blast and it feels like ive got my head against a wall covered in sand paper and im rubbing myself on it.

E

evilmonkeh

* Strokes his tickets for metallica at Earls court on the 20th of December. All 4 of them *

S

silverthorn

*attacks evilmonkeh as Metallica ain't coming to Scotland* :(
:twak:

Z

.z.

*attacks EvilMonkeh as Metallica aren't coming to Cardiff or the NEC and he can't afford to go to Earl's Court*

Why the hell do Germany get 4 dates and even Japan gets 9?!

Surely there are more English fans than Japanese... :/

T

The Kingpin

Not a big fan, but i do like the song: To live to to die.

K

kanonfodda

Big Metallica fan, favourite album would have to be Master of Puppets, with Black a close second.

St Anger is good, but as has been said, not up to their previous standards.

P.S. They rocked at Reading :D

P

projectarnold

Originally posted by .z.
Surely there are more English fans than Japanese... :/

Probably not, the japanese are huge metal fans.

Anyhoo, Metallica: one of the greatest bands ever but anything after Black is pretty dire.

S

silverthorn

I don't think there's anything wrong with Load, ReLoad and St Anger. They're just different from what we were used to with Metallica.

Admittedly Load is by far the weakest studio album they've released but St Anger is absolutely monstrous and heavy as f*ck.

Great music though that they play, I still think they are soooo far up their own @rses now they believe their own hype. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom