Metal music anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
I just wanted to take a opportunity to advertise a m8s band. I just love their music and wanted to see what readers here think of it. :)

Check out their site and download their sample music. They have a demo coming next month along with a new website. Dont bother downloading if you are not in to metal music. ;)

http://www.eventideweb.com/

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I liked it. The vocals are a bit shitty at times though. I'm guessing this isn't the "final production" cus the sound isn't great. (thats probably my speaker though)

Replace the vocals for some Scar Symmetry/Dan Swano style growling, and I'd listen to more. ;)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the feedback, I make sure to forward everything to my friend. Yes, the quality may not be 100% but thats more because they havent produced this in a real studio but more their own amateur studio. :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Wait for Shanks to give his master jedi metal guru advice though. ;)

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm Eventide, reminds me of that mmorpg Rubies Of Eventide. Anyway, the music.

Ok, what to say. Wellplayed scandinavian sounding metal, with a few quirks. I actually liked the harsh vocals, thought they were way more developed then the clean. Musicially this reminded me of a Swedish band called Blinded Colony at times with maybe abit more quirky electronics. The section at 2:06 was pretty standoutish and im sure it will sound better with more production time behind it (and more...swung). Quite promosing but they are gonna be really elbowing for room on the market cus boy is it crowded. Niklas Sundin cover is always a good start :D

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
shanks said:
Hmmm Eventide, reminds me of that mmorpg Rubies Of Eventide. Anyway, the music.

Ok, what to say. Wellplayed scandinavian sounding metal, with a few quirks. I actually liked the harsh vocals, thought they were way more developed then the clean. Musicially this reminded me of a Swedish band called Blinded Colony at times with maybe abit more quirky electronics. The section at 2:06 was pretty standoutish and im sure it will sound better with more production time behind it (and more...swung). Quite promosing but they are gonna be really elbowing for room on the market cus boy is it crowded. Niklas Sundin cover is always a good start :D

Now thats feedback :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It sounds good until the "wannab demon that looks like a 7 year old diaperpooper" starts singing something that could've been read from a donald duck comic and still make as much sense. (yeah, i don't like screaming something in songs)

If you do deathmetal, do death metal, if you do speed metal, do that. Don't mix death and speed metal together 'cause then you get both audiences who don't like it.

At times the singer was going towards a 69 eyes type of "meh i don't want to live" singing style but luckily kept away from it.

All in all in short, bring a bit more then the "basic two riff" guitar and "I'll just hit these" drums in on the mix and drop the wannab demon and it could arise to something.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
nice stuff :p reminds me of some of the newer in flames stuff only bit i didnt like was the keyboards sounded a bit to cheesy rest good though ;)

hansteam

Fledgling Freddie
They're all tallented musicians, I'll give them that. I like the older rock and especially the old metal. When I hear "metal" I think Black Sabbath and Metallica. If you're comparing it to them, this is very weak music. If your comparing it to the other "metal" around now. I believe it's refered to ad NU metal? It's some pretty good stuff. I think that the synthesizer is more distracting than anything. The best part of the song for me is the heavy ass distortion on the guitar. The vocals are severely under mixed in my humble opinion.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
S'ok but it's not my kind of metal at all. A bit too much pomp.

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it sounded quite good, I agree they are all talented songwriters, but it did really remind me of latter day In Flames.

hansteam said:
They're all tallented musicians, I'll give them that. I like the older rock and especially the old metal. When I hear "metal" I think Black Sabbath and Metallica. If you're comparing it to them, this is very weak music. If your comparing it to the other "metal" around now. I believe it's refered to ad NU metal? It's some pretty good stuff. I think that the synthesizer is more distracting than anything. The best part of the song for me is the heavy ass distortion on the guitar. The vocals are severely under mixed in my humble opinion.

and lol ^^

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
If you do deathmetal, do death metal, if you do speed metal, do that. Don't mix death and speed metal together 'cause then you get both audiences who don't like it.

Don't agree, mixing stuff together can be a very good way of getting something "new" and very good.

Thrung

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't like it I'm afraid. Wish I could have summit nice to say but nibs.
Kill the guy playing the keyboards (imho that shit doesn't belong in metal at all), have the singer drink whiskey and smoke cigars nonstop for 2 weeks. Have the rest of the band take speed or summit cause this is just too fucking slow.

Soz about the harsh words, but truth is this kinda "metal" is horribly fucking overrated. The In flames-ripoffs must end.. and preferably In Flames could come to their senses and commit suicide to rid us of the terror.
Imo tell em to listen to summit else (oldtime Entombed, Dismember, Grave etc etc) than the latest In Flames/Dark tranquillity (same shit different bag), cause they all suck.
Sounds like the band has enough musical talent to play real metal with a bit of practice. They've gotto grow some balls first tho. :4)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Just a regular bump and to let you know that they have a new sample up on their site and that their demo is expected to be released next week.

http://www.eventideweb.com/

Check it out. :)

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Btw Grimmen, is this the same Eventide that recorded a version of "Thoughts Astray"? Been trying to figure out who made the original for years.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
shanks said:
Btw Grimmen, is this the same Eventide that recorded a version of "Thoughts Astray"? Been trying to figure out who made the original for years.

Not sure, I dont think so. :)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
shanks said:

I looked at one of their olders demos and they have a song called Thoughts Astray, dont know much about them though. :)

their demo is out now so you can check out the audio page on their new site

www.eventideweb.com

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
mank said:
When I hear "metal" I think shit.

Me too. Well that and of Big, Sick, Ugly Jim Martin. He was 100% pure metal.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
Me too. Well that and of Big, Sick, Ugly Jim Martin. He was 100% pure metal.

Noone ever accused you of having any sense of taste, respect or pretty much anything though.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Eventide has been signed by a record label now. Wonderful news for them. :D

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
When I hear "metal" I think shit.

I hate the posturing school kid shit that goes on, dressing up like fucking morons. Don't like it.

Metal I Do Like A Lot:

Sunn 0)))
Lightning Bolt (kinda metal i suppose)
Boris

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Derric said:
Noone ever accused you of having any sense of taste, respect or pretty much anything though.

If I knew who the fuck you were I'd be offended. As I don't I'm assuming you play DAOC.

Nuff said.

Oh and metal is still shit, listened to by little nurdlings in their parents' basement. It's for people who's life has got so shit they need some screaming machine music to make the rest of their pathetic little lives feel less shit. The only decent metal there has ever been is anyone who mixes metal with other things, for instance FNM, RATM etc, i.e bands who are talented at writing songs, not just talented at wretching down the microphone.

Metal's wank, get over it.

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
maxi said:
Metal I Do Like A Lot:

Sunn 0)))
Lightning Bolt (kinda metal i suppose)
Boris

Id say you like "amplifier worship" like Boris had the common sense to name one of their albums.

How do you feel about acts like Pelican (songs like Drought, Sirius), Explosions In The Sky (songs like the only moment we were alone, Greet Death) and Godspeed You Black Emperor! (sleep)? No scary cookiemonsters to scare you guys away since that seems to be the biggest beef you really have with it, granted the last two arent metal either technically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom