Merge only RvR?

friky

Fledgling Freddie
isent there away to merge just the rvr part on daoc or rvr and battlegrounds.. wow does it and seems to work.. and because these days people only group with friends in rvr there will be no language problems because u cant talk to hibs or mids any way..

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
thread #1123125 on that topic ... it starts to bore.

still - would be nice. and still:

not possible atm apparently. i spose you'd had to get in multi-language support first. embedding that thing retroactively would require uncountable manhours i spose, i doubt mythic will ever do it.

and i guess wow was designed from the start to be multilanguage.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
friky: Have you tried connecting with english client to german, french, spanish or italian servers? I have.

And I have noticed on the first day, that quick reply (r) key didn't work, some who went to rvr noticed climbing walls doesn't work, etc. When you go to an RvR zone, which language would the server use? Who would have a working client?

Also when you speak with NPCs in the frontiers, about missions, tactics for guards, etc. which language would the server follow, who would have problems?

Clustering RvR only would help people who want to RVR 99% of the time, it wouldn't help PVE groups, new players. For the rest, your idea would be nothing done, and for RVR people the client language problem, the different playing style related problems would be almost the same as with full clustering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom