Mercury Awards

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
What is your verdict?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Won by an American band, yet its supposed to be the best of British music? Hmm ok... Strange.

Not that Kaiser Chiefs are 'all that' though, only a few good songs on their album imho.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Watching the news this morning I heard some of the winning chappys music, it sounded fucking shit, like Radioheads Pyramid Song, but played slower and with more moaning. Who on earth is the winner, I've certainly never heard of him.
I've got the Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party and Coldplay albums that were nominated, and out of those the Coldplay album is by far the best. The Kaiser Chiefs may have the better singles, but not all the songs on the album are listenable, whereas the Coldplay album is full of great songs. I suppose this is what you get when artsy fartsy people pick awards, if us peons voted then Girls Aloud would probably win everything, so its a catch22 situtation :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
JingleBells said:
The Kaiser Chiefs may have the better singles, but not all the songs on the album are listenable, whereas the Coldplay album is full of great songs.

Whilst I wouldn't disagree about the album fillers on the Kaiser Chiefs album I have to disagree about Coldplay. They are just so ... dull. Musical anaesthetic, it does nothing for me at all. When people look back on the music of this decade in another ten to twenty years I really think people will wonder why such bland music was so popular.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I wanted the Go! Team to win but happy that Antony and the Johnsons won. Its not my cup of tea but fuck me he has an awesome voice. The album is nice, Im just in nasty wall of sound noise phase atm.

Anyways, better than the wank nominated 10 other albums. :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
In my opinion Antony and the johnsons shouldn't even have got a nomination.

One review of thier album was "The gayest thing ever recorded".

leggy

Probably Scottish
JingleBells said:
I've got the Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party and Coldplay albums that were nominated, and out of those the Coldplay album is by far the best.

This is why you haven't heard of them.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Can think of many better albums released this year than those mentioned, Pendulum, The Rakes, Shy FX and T Power to name but three.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Turamber said:
Whilst I wouldn't disagree about the album fillers on the Kaiser Chiefs album I have to disagree about Coldplay. They are just so ... dull. Musical anaesthetic, it does nothing for me at all. When people look back on the music of this decade in another ten to twenty years I really think people will wonder why such bland music was so popular.

Yes!! Whinge fucking music, god :/

Bring back the Dead Kennedys tbh :)

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
JBP| said:
In my opinion Antony and the johnsons shouldn't even have got a nomination.

One review of thier album was "The gayest thing ever recorded".

It's pretty gay. It's also pretty awesome. Fistful of Love is an amazing song and it transcends sexuality. Though I suspect the idiot journalist has probably never heard Jobriath. Have you heard it?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Yes!! Whinge fucking music, god :/

Bring back the Dead Kennedys tbh :)

I actually met Jello Biaffra in london a few years ago (went to see the von bondies in some pub - turned out they didnt turn up and they had anoter band whos name eludes me now, wrote a song called 'whos got the crack' bla bla)

He was there with two really hot dreaded chicks in a band called Iowaska that he was promoting, I was there with my mate whos like the biggest fan of the Dead Kennedys ever and he missed out on meeting him coz pub was way too busy to find him.

Mehehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom