Mercs

Z

zenith_merc

:p

50 slash/thrust/crush 50 DW 28 parry. Thats like the only spec, imo. Thrust is kinda FoTM atm ;)

C

carky

ok thankies all but can i ask wot does FOTM mean :S

S

Sharp Thing

gogo 50thrust/dw, slash is for the anytime whores ^^

F

-fwapp-

Fk Over Their Mothers
or flavour of the month (ie change char whenever 1 better comes along)

S

swords

Originally posted by Ekydus
ALL Mercenaries are FOTM ATM.

FOAD im not a FOTM, and im slash and i dont have A SINGLE ANYTIME on my qbar so FOAD to you too...
some of us know how to play our class you know...

E

Ekydus

That doesn't mean anything. If you created it because you found out how fucking uber they are then you are a FOTM. There are plenty of people who aren't FOTM but the amount of Mercenaries that has popped up recently is sickening. (Same goes for after Paladins got Endurance regeneration.)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by zenith_merc
50 slash/thrust/crush 50 DW 28 parry. Thats like the only spec, imo. Thrust is kinda FoTM atm ;)
50 Weapon, 50 Dual Weild, 27 Parry, 10 Shield (For Engage)... much better spec, tbh ;)

I'm sooooo not FotM.

My Merc was the first character I rolled, and the character I still most enjoy playing. And 5 str, 5 con, 10 dex and 10 qui at creation is DEFINITELY not FotM! :uhoh:

F

Flimgoblin

yeah those 50 parry 50 shield mercs are tearing up emain :p

FOTM = flavour of the month....

Thrust Mercenaries are flavour of the month because everyone is rolling them...

Just because you've always been strawberry doesn't mean you're not flavour of the month when the world goes crazy for strawberry.

However, there's a difference between being a fotm player and a player of a fotm class :)

E.g. Arnor was a player of a fotm class, but he's not a fotm player (unless he's rolled a savage recently ;)) - he rolled his zerker coz it sounded interesting on release. Not because it's uber and pwned.
Most of the mercs around are also old characters, taken out of the closet since the improvement to DW and DT (not that they were all that big to be honest, just tank groups in albion are gaining more favour and midgard is the biggest threat -> thrust mercs)

I'm thrust because I got some glowy thrusters :( I even gimped my weaponskill to change weapon type ;)

Then again I have 23 shield so I'm far from cookie cutter :)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Funny you should say that... I'm planning on levelling a 50 Slash/Shield Merc! ;)

F

Flimgoblin

slash/shield is pretty interesting :) different anyway.

Parry/shield would be somewhat insane if cool ;)

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

FOTM = flavour of the month....

Thrust Mercenaries are flavour of the month because everyone is rolling them...

Just because you've always been strawberry doesn't mean you're not flavour of the month when the world goes crazy for strawberry.

However, there's a difference between being a fotm player and a player of a fotm class :)

E.g. Arnor was a player of a fotm class, but he's not a fotm player (unless he's rolled a savage recently ;)) - he rolled his zerker coz it sounded interesting on release. Not because it's uber and pwned.
Most of the mercs around are also old characters, taken out of the closet since the improvement to DW and DT (not that they were all that big to be honest, just tank groups in albion are gaining more favour and midgard is the biggest threat -> thrust mercs)

I'm thrust because I got some glowy thrusters :( I even gimped my weaponskill to change weapon type ;)

Then again I have 23 shield so I'm far from cookie cutter :)
Read what I posted AFTERWARD please.
FFS. :rolleyes:
NO MORE FUCKING LECTURES OR I WILL PERSONALLY THROW YOU INTO A GANG OF RP HORNY NIGHTSHADES.

A

alithiel50

NO MORE FUCKING LECTURES OR I WILL PERSONALLY THROW YOU INTO A GANG OF RP HORNY NIGHTSHADES.
Please do... Nice easy RP's! :D

W

-Wedge-

I've got a FOTM merc ! :)

And I'm a FOTM player!

Yes, I even payed someone to PL it to 50...

As Sharp says, I'm even an any-time style whore :D

Sue me for wanting to have fun, and my god I'm having fun... :clap:

F

-fwapp-

Originally posted by swords
FOAD im not a FOTM, and im slash and i dont have A SINGLE ANYTIME on my qbar so FOAD to you too...
some of us know how to play our class you know...

like those who dont have an anytime back up on advanced styles? ooooh :p

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by -Wedge-
I've got a FOTM merc ! :)

And I'm a FOTM player!

Yes, I even payed someone to PL it to 50...

As Sharp says, I'm even an any-time style whore :D

Sue me for wanting to have fun, and my god I'm having fun... :clap:
you're not even trying to defend yourself, wheres the fun in that for me? :<

S

swords

Originally posted by -fwapp-
like those who dont have an anytime back up on advanced styles? ooooh :p

erm...since when do i need to backup with an anytime style?
99% of the time whatever im fighting tries to run away so its a case of having rear style backed up with flank incase they turn.

:p

A

agravair

Roll Crush till 40. Keep ur dw and crush on ur lvls and enjoy from slash-autospec-points. When u ding 40 reroll ur crush to slash and go for 50 sl 50 dw 7 sh (for engage) and like 30 parry.

Crush is wunderfull in pve, slash is the max in rvr

here you go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom