Mercinfils vs csinfils

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
i'm dw specced on infil and love it but cba anymore :p

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
cause toa/nf changed the stealtherwarfare to much, u tend to fight other classes much more nowdays then only/mostly other stealthers. and mercfil is weak against casters.

oh and CS is much more fun to play, imo anyways :>

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Jergiot said:
and mercfil is weak against casters.

You perform your PA perfectly
THE SPIRIT CHAMPION STEPS INFRONT OF YOU AND TAKES THE BLOW !
You perform your CD perfectly

:(

Ging

Part of the furniture
wittor said:

u forgot

THE SPIRIT CHAMPION STEPS INFRONT OF SM AND TAKES THE BLOW !
You hit the spirit champion for 45 damage
You hit the spirit champion for 35 damage
SM Laughs at you
You perform your SS perfectly
THE SPIRIT CHAMPION Hit you for 500 damage
SM hugs you
You perform your Garotte perfectly
THE SPIRIT CHAMPION Hits you for 600 damage
You perform your Garotte perfectly
THE SPIRIT CHAMPION Hits you for 500 damage
You sit down, type /Stand
THE SPIRIT CHAMPION Hits you for 500 damage
You have been killed by a ML9 Spirit champion, which negated all the time effort you put into your class, please type /release to feed SM's more rps :)
SM bows to you.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
FYI it aint much different to fighting a merc that DT's you or a cabby that ml9's and kites.

dont think the problems with the assasin class are summarised but SM intercept pet (although its a good example of one of many retarded things you come up against)

I dont think an assasin in concept should be as potentially effective without using CS styles (especially the openers from stealth).

saying that DW/CD/LA is still very effective versus other stealthers. (prolly the most effective on an inf or SB though)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
high DW/CS and slightly lower envenom ((37 mebbe)) is one way to increase your dps non-relient on venoms, and so get a better chance against remedy shades, but ofc, it will hurt you slightly against everyone else.

dropping CS spec is a bad trade off if you cannot get at least 2 DW/CD for every CS point you drop. in terms of average dps anyway.

http://meinewelt2.privat.t-online.de/DPS_Calculator.xls

that dps calc there should work for infs/shades, not SBs though as different mechanics.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
FYI it aint much different to fighting a merc that DT's you or a cabby that ml9's and kites.

dont think the problems with the assasin class are summarised but SM intercept pet (although its a good example of one of many retarded things you come up against)

I dont think an assasin in concept should be as potentially effective without using CS styles (especially the openers from stealth).

saying that DW/CD/LA is still very effective versus other stealthers. (prolly the most effective on an inf or SB though)

Fyi it is.

Sm pet is perma up.

Cabby pet doesnt intercept, Merc is 50% fumble, SM seems to intercept 99% of your hits..

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
as slash its easy to get 50dw + 39-44cs (depends on rr) which i use too

censi said:

fgs, how can you compair dt to a SM pet? sm pet's are up all the time the sm is (or until you kill the pet from them intercepting), where as dt is only up one every 7 minutes. also i know plenty of mercs who don't use dt in 1v1s, save it for 2v1, 3v1+ :x

censi

Can't get enough of FH
well tbh i got more chance V SM than a Merc.

and cabby pet stuns you, so like I attack cabby who i know is gonna hit sprint immedetly. I get stunned and then im dead.

dont get me wrong SM's are mad too but theres lots of shit just as bad.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
well tbh i got more chance V SM than a Merc.

Isn't that how it should be? Traditional daoc food chain was stealthers eat casters eat tanks eat stealthers...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
yea well... you feel something gone wrong with "balance" when you kill rank 10 infiltrator without being hit once and cast 2 spells max, not qc ofc. Felt good though, been zerged - dragonfanged - 3 relic dualshadowedwhileinstastunedbymincermeight too much in of :|

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
got some fun clips recorded against Kalba's sm a while ago. first fight i hit through the pet 3 times in a row (buffed, ml9) and he drops like a sack of shit.

then the rematch - at least 10?+ intercepts on my 2h malice in a row. he doesn't even have to put his ml9 pet on me, just use lifetap when i run out of interrupts and gets an occasional nuke in - i died

should have compressed them but needed the hd space, so they're all gone now :/

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
oh and - i always have been and always will be terrified of mercfils. especially since toa wielding two legendaries they hit like a fucking truck, its by far the highest dps an assassin can get against leatheruser.

the utility of cs styles is just so much greater though, and as said since nf/agramon you don't fight other assassins as much anymore.

on any insta level 50 server i played a mercfil basically, its like a ns' dream to have high anytime anytime (or frontal) style in the CD line. :) went 44 slash 50 dw and 34 cs on gorre i think. 50 thrust/dw on all the shards

if you just want regular pooning just get dual legendaries and mash those df/ds keys away till rr6-7, then if you feel like a big change and maybe even a challenge then spec CS :p and no, its not instawin, even if you do everything right on an assassin you can still lose many fights, just because of sheer overpowered shit (cough remedy cough) or good/bad preparation (ml's, equipment)

popa

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:

well can make next : the pets not afected by shamman/cleric/druid buff
so then:
-sm pet dont intercept soo much
-enchanter pet dont cast heal so fast
- all pet make less dmg
-and cant make AT on pvp whgit 1 necro and 2 wl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom