Mercenary in 1.60?

C

chimaira

Will us sorry gimped Dual wield mercs get any luuvin in 1.60?

or do we have to wait another century?

as this Dual wield skill is gimped to hell.

Increased chance of hit? its a joke.

I got 50+10 in Dw if Im not mistaken

and go find a yellow and its a joke when u see how many successful dual hits u make

give us always hits with the chance of miss as with main sword
give style dmg bonus to off hand

and then we might be ok

and before u flame me.
ctrl-w

O

old.Downanael

Yuo should try Celtic Duel before you say DW is broken :rolleyes:

O

old.mattshanes

Get reflexes 3 ra and use equal speed weaps maybe so they say... it gets fixed in a patch after 1.61 for sure but i am using ebop+sabre i am hitting fairly often now both weaps.

I tested today for an hour in df with reflexes 2 ra and 50 dw+16 i hit about 75% of the time both weaps.

Anyway IMO:

-DW increase dmg on styles to 20-30%
-Always hit both weaps we are a dual weld type of tank so we should.
-Give duals shadows a stun perhaps like most high lv styles in the game have or maybe give reflection a stun and make hypotic darkness a anytime/positional style.

Hope some of these are the changes.

C

chimaira

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Get reflexes 3 ra and use equal speed weaps maybe so they say... it gets fixed in a patch after 1.61 for sure but i am using ebop+sabre i am hitting fairly often now both weaps.

I tested today for an hour in df with reflexes 2 ra and 50 dw+16 i hit about 75% of the time both weaps.

Hope some of these are the changes.

Its more good luck or not I say

as sometimes I stand and parry like 10 in a row

and next round I dont do a single defensive thing

Dw s00ks so does celtic dual

How many times do a berz miss with his left axe? like never

bah

Regards

nice post btw

O

old.mattshanes

Well i enjoy my class a lot and i dont really lose to any non caster class 1vs1,i have fun with mine and i am sure most mercenaries out there do aswell,yes dw isn't the best at the moment but we will just have to wait for it to be fixed which is going to happen it seems.Besides why you standing around relying on parry anyway?:D idea for a merc in rvr is take casters/support out first THERE IS NO class in alb that takes hib casters out better than a merc i do not care what anyone thinks.

Well only time will tell if we get a waited fix.

Also get yourself a nice sabre(if you get hold of a legion sword offhand with this and reflexes 2/3 ra with capped dw from items you will hit around 400+ every 3s... and buffed under 3s...)

Also may i add parry isn't the best defensive reaction at the moment for everyone,but if you chased often going for casters/support you will not parry much....

May i also add :p blademasters are equally annoyed about celtic dual,people think we are gimps because they look at zerkers and think "hey they hit very hard hmmm the alb and hib version do not hit as hard so they aren't good",well i play both and left axe yes it is far superior but a zerker can't take as much hits but bm has same damage absorb armour as a zerker so they have it worse than us.Get these ras maybe pain 3 reflexes 3 then you will see a much better amount of dealt damage.

F

Frair

If you have time, read this study:

http://pete.waterman.net/daoc/Dual-Wield.html

It clearly shows that DW or CD isn't gimped, BUT LA is, prolly by mistake, overpowered.

Of course Mythic will not change that back - do you think they would piss off Mids? Only thing they will do prolly is raising dmg of DW and CD and thus making RR more imbalanced IMHO. And also shorter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom