Merc weapon speeds

O

old.Kerosene

I'm starting up my Merc again after about a year of neglect (he's lvl 40 and was my first ever generated char. I really didn't know what I was doing and specced shield and parry :p)

I'm aware you need to have a slow main hand and a fast off hand to take advantage of the haste 'effect' but...

What effect is this?
Do I want to try get the off hand to be exactly half the speed of the main hand?
Do I want to just get the slowest possible main and fastest possible off hand?
How does this affect procs?

Ta muchly

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
What effect is this?

if/when u doubleswing the mainhand speed is not its listed speed but the average speed of the 2 weapons. however, dmg is the same as if it had swung at its listed speed... hence 2-3+ doubleswings in a row and your golden.

Do I want to just get the slowest possible main and fastest possible off hand?

put simply, yes. altho having an offhand that, when it does connect, hits for more than ~50dmg is also something to think about...

M

meredith

When DWing the delay of the next attack is based on randomly either weapon you are using. so if say 2x jambiyas delay is 2.6 spd base. if sabre 3.6 and jambiya 2.6 the deley per swing will be either of the 2 spds. thus over a combat your average spd is faster than that of your main hand thus a haste effect.
Procs are not noticably effected by haste effect. procs fire off on a kind of random timer not associated with weapon spd, so a slow polearm and a dagger will proc at the same rate over a combat, although a DWer has 2 weapons thus 2 x proc potential.

O

old.Kerosene

Ta..

The question with the procs was aimed more at

'Do I get more damage if a proc goes off on a slow weapon than a fast weapon?

so if I'm swinging a 2.6 would I get a proc of 150dmg while a 5.2 would proc for 300dmg?

O

old.Kerosene

Ta..

so if I'm swinging a 2.6 would I get a proc of 150dmg while a 5.2 would proc for 300dmg?

T

Tharion

No afaik procs have fixed dmg, like a 95DD heat proc will do 95dmg and resists and all that stuff, it dont matter if ur using a slow or fast weapon.

Though with a fast weapon you *MIGHT* proc more often, hence making more dmg with procs, though they get resisted often so.

S

Sibanac

Ta..

put a haste proc on one off the weapons :)

N

nerve

Originally posted by Tharion
No afaik procs have fixed dmg, like a 95DD heat proc will do 95dmg and resists and all that stuff, it dont matter if ur using a slow or fast weapon.

Though with a fast weapon you *MIGHT* proc more often, hence making more dmg with procs, though they get resisted often so.

You're right on the fixed damage (proc damage is unaffected by weapon speed), however, you miss the ball on proc frequency, as it's also unaffected by weapon speed. Otherwise this would be pretty unfair towards slow weapon users.

B

belth

Originally posted by meredith
When DWing the delay of the next attack is based on randomly either weapon you are using.

Not randomly, it's by the weapon that swings if it's a single-swing. If it's a dualswing, it's the average.

T

Tualatin

Always thought that when wielding 2 weapons..

- when both weapons swing, either speed is taken

- when only slowest swings, that speed is taken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom