Merc Specs

G

gaenvan

Just a question for the mercs out there. Just wondering how you are all specced.

Gaen

O

old.LandShark

44DW 44slash 42shield 17parry
It's waffly versatile :p
Slam then switch to DW... or just be a shield tank in PvE full-time.

M

Mcdonald

I'm 50 slash 50 dw 28 parry and 6 shield. You may change your weapon choice of course to suit your needs... now any kind of weapon is particularly effective against an enemy (my slash works wonders against hibbie tanks). 50 slash for max dmg output, 50 dual wield for anti-stealther/caster style as well as max dual swing chance (tha'ts why i hate dw compared to la :( ). 28 parry... to hell with it, that's why you can get +parry from rr bonus, sc items and Mastery of Parrying (in effect +6 parry/lvl).

I hope i helped you out with this :) Good luck with your merc (or gimp for that matter :p)

D

[DK]hakke

Dual Shadow (50 dw) is a must imo , maybe cuz im crush and need a combo to taunt and best anytime style is lvl 12.

K

K0nah

DS is nice, but with medium bonus to-hit AND a defence penalty i can understand if ppl decide to skip it in favour of higher parry or weapon spec. Very likely essential for a thrust merc for same reasons u give, lack of a decent (semi)anytime style.

M

Mcdonald

Well...when it comes to dual shadows and amethyst-diamond slash I use them interchangibly :great:

B

belth

Shield-gimps aside,

50/50/28
50/44/37
44/44/44

G

gaenvan

Cheers guys was just really curious what other people had.

As for the shield spec that i would like top see sounds quite interesting to me.

Forgot to say my spec

29 slash
50 dw
49 Parry

my dmg output is a bit to low so i'm fancying changing to 50/50/28 when them respec stones appear.

Gaen

F

Flimgoblin

If they improve the DW styles to be better than the slash styles (which they aren't at the moment) 50 dual 49 parry 29 slash might actually be a damned good template :)

myself I'm 44 slash 47 dual 37 parry - I'll be 44/50/37 in about 6 bubbles time.

the shield-template has one flaw - switching from shield->dual wield is a right pain in the arse... have to drop things in inventory - it's not pleasant.

F

Flimgoblin

If they improve the DW styles to be better than the slash styles (which they aren't at the moment) 50 dual 49 parry 29 slash might actually be a damned good template :)

myself I'm 44 slash 47 dual 37 parry - I'll be 44/50/37 in about 6 bubbles time.

the shield-template has one flaw - switching from shield->dual wield is a right pain in the arse... have to drop things in inventory - it's not pleasant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom