Merc RA's

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Just would like to know what other RA's Mercs are getting for NF.

At 6L1 I was thinking of Charge 3, Purge 2 and either IP1 or Second Wind 1 with 1 point leftover.

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
(3) Augmented Strength +22 str
(1) Long Wind Increased dur of sprint
(2) Avoidance of Magic -5 % to all magic dmg
(3) Mastery of Pain +17 % chance of critical hit
(2) Purge 0s delay, 15m RUT : Dispel Negative Effects
(3) Charge 1.5min RUT on a 15s unbreakable speed 3

i am trying this at 8L0

SnowSlash ll

Fledgling Freddie
Ill get u yet amenion

Oi Taen ... long time no zerg... :p

How are u and all the alb noobies... u wonder why i left alb like a scalded cat ??? :p

ill cu in nf... my elf bm is gonna kick ure ass :touch:

Anywho amenion im gonna get ure zergin ass... @ some stage...<Punishment>
:flame:

Snowslash rr5 :chanter retired...CHEERS STUPID ME AND WANTIN 2 BE A MERC :p<WHAT WAS I ON >
Punishment :rr4/2 hero
Deception : bg1 godlike NS

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Vasconcelos said:
8L2

Charge3
Det4
Purge2
Stre1
Pain2
LW1

Det4= 20 Points and gives 20% reduction in CC. Purge 3 is only 15 Points. Surely you will have Decent Demezz'ers in group in the rare time when your 5min Purge is Down Or your Not Charging ? Also the left over points from not getting Det 4 would allow you to get Det 2 which is 4% so really your gain 16% CC reducution as oppossed to - 4% CC and 5 Min Purge. Just something to consider, its still a good way to spend your RA's ofc.

If I were 8l2 and spec'ing my merc I'd get.

Charge 3
Purge 2
Det 3
Aug str 2
MoPain 3
LW 1
Aom 1
Aug Qui 1

< With the intention of respecing the single points I used in the likes of Aom/ Aug qui / LW for when I can afford Aug Str 3 or possibly some more AoM :D>

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
(4) Augmented Strength +34 str
(1) Augmented Constitution +4 con
(1) Augmented Quickness +4 qui
(2) Toughness +75 hps
(2) Avoidance of Magic -5 % to all magic dmg
(3) Mastery of Pain +17 % chance of critical hit
(3) Purge 0s delay, 5m RUT : Dispel Negative Effects
(3) Charge 1.5min RUT on a 15s unbreakable speed 3

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
as a light tank i now see det pointless to get.

i was thinking of this for my zerk

purge2
charge 2/3 <unsure>
aug str 4.. only cuz i want 450 str exactly :D

purge3 is good and charge 2 will prolly be enough, will see.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Well ofc ive been considering this long time. Discussed with other light tanks here and there, and its not even 100% definitive. Here are a couple of reasons why i chose it:

- Had to decide btwn det n dmg. Imo det is a tricky RA, det3 being only 10% reduction is as crap as not even worthing the 10 rps cost, so for me was det4 or no det at all. For the moment im testing det4+Purge2 this week, will test purge3+dmg RAs at weekend.

- As an alb light tank i have to face mids n hibs supports both with at least 2 players being able to ST root me (5 players on mid grps with just 1 caster). The only CC i was worried about in OF was the ST roots from druids (Ola grrrr), healers, shammans n mid casters coz, even with det5, those put me out of the fight for fair and critical amount of time (used to save Purge for this or melee stuns).
Now on NF, with only 25% CC reduction, even the low level aoeroots scare me with just Stoicism. As i see it, even Purge every 5min doesnt save you from the fact that vs good enemies you are most likely to be melee stunned (btw how long lasts a hib caster stun with just Stoicism?? might be worth for em to start using it on tanks), rooted n prolly mezzed at least once in the course of the fight, so Purge3 is not enuff for me. Thus, i rated CC reduction over dmg here. Ofc, vs not good grps i wouldnt need it, but neither i would pain3 or stre3 to win vs em.

Still there is much to test yet (holly 10s RA respec stones). 1 thing i miss with NF is the lack of IP (even prohibitive in high RR templates) :( Saved me lotsa times against the dreaded grapple+nuke/pb

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Currently trying tonight:

Aug str 5
Pain 4
LW 1
Purge 2
Charge 2
Toughness 2
Aug con 1

Want to see if those high damage ra's make a difference, if they do not i probably get around aug str 3 and get det 4 even though i am very unsure of it still, charge 3 purge 3 is quite nice til you get cc'ed after purging a slam vs caster groups or something.

Reflex attack 3 is brilliant for a solo merc especially if your base damage is high, but this is of course if you meet many melee opponents which you probably will not in this era of daoc :/

Oh and i tried aug con 5 toughness 5 for a laugh, was 2352hp unbuffed :p

But anyway most mercs should aim for:

Aug str 2-4
Pain 2-4
Charge 2/3
Purge 2/3
IP 2(maybe)
Det 4
Toughness 1-3
Longwind 1/2
Reflex attack 3 no lower(if you solo a lot and meet melee classes a lot like i said above)
Aom 2(maybe)

But i really think charge 2 minimum...i will probably go 3 it's an awesome ra.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Caster stun is 9seconds delve value. Assuming 42% body resist (26 from items, 16 from yellow cleric buff) thats reduced to 5.2secs. Stoicism should take another 25% off of that - so stun would last a fraction under 4 seconds.

Exactly how this would be affected by det Im not certain, and posting guesses here is just asking to be corrected by Pin yet again :fluffle:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Draylor said:
Caster stun is 9seconds delve value. Assuming 42% body resist (26 from items, 16 from yellow cleric buff) thats reduced to 5.2secs. Stoicism should take another 25% off of that - so stun would last a fraction under 4 seconds.

Exactly how this would be affected by det Im not certain, and posting guesses here is just asking to be corrected by Pin yet again :fluffle:

Humm some rudimentary maths here (summoning Dr. Pin)

25% * 5.2secs should be around 4secs (3.9). Its barelly the same than using stun+nuke+nuke vs. a non tank class. Might be worth for them to throw 2-3 nukes (assuming 1.5s casting speed here) while stunned specially if you are still at range from em, guess an hib caster would tell us better indeed.

GrymulvWilk

Fledgling Freddie
erm aug str 4 ???
can anyone explain it to me what you gain having like 30 str more as a merc - is it like 0.5 % dmg more overall? Isnt str over 300 at all giving diminishing return?
in current state of game as a caster range attacks , charges from mls , ras , artis -will this 30 str bring anything for group advantage? think about all debuffs from everywhere that fekk up your strenght anyway like desease , procs , insta debuuffs , shearing buffs.....
isnt it better to take ra that is friendly for group and realm? and giving more fun to charge it while you fight.
Maybe i wrong and this 30 str ownz soz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom