Merc RAs here

S

statix

Recently saw this and figured its a good referance for any mercs out their.
Gathered by.
Nalfen 50 Merc Merlin
The Guardians 5L9

Ok Heres is the complete list of Merc RA's and the testing plus feedback i gathered with many other mercs.

Aug Str
Good ability to get for 1 point after that i advise to only get what you need for your other Realm Abilities.

Aug Dex
Good ability to get for 1 point after that i advise to only get what you need for your other Realm Abilities.

Aug Con

Aug Qui

Long Wind
Get this one at 1 minimum because even if we have charge remember that we still run quite a lot. Do not get more than 1 if you're a merc it's a waste of points.

Tireless
Now many will argue that this ability is not useful unless you get it at lvl V. Well with it just at 1 you will still be able to get end while moving around and get 1 more style in 1 fight so get it at 1.

Regeneration
Do not get it unless you want to waste points the regeneration rate boost is pathetic.

Thoughness
I advise to purchase Augmented Con before this one but if you already have con II get this one if you want some more hits. A low priority RA in my book.

Mastery of Water
Ha Ha Ha this one is a joke but feel free to charcopy and have fun swiming faster!

Avoidance of Magic
3% boost to all MAGIC resist (slash thrust and crush are not magic) Can be good at a low lvl say I or II but higher than that you're wasting points.

Lifter
Really a matter of playing, if you're the guy who always has a full ram on him while in RvR then this one is for you.

Veil Recovery
Waste of points even when speced at lvl V

Mastery of Parying
Good points spend at lvl I, it will help you when you get those rare solo fights if you want to get hypnotic darkness combo off it's a must. Specing it higher is not really useful.

Dodger
3% chance to evade more may seem like good but remember we only have evade I and you need aug Qui II before this one so think carefully before buying that one.

Mastery of Pain
Good RA many mercs swear by it but do not put too many points into it, i have tested it at V and it's not much more than II so II seems the best spec.

Mastery of Arms
Swinging faster is usually better, but depending on your template you may not want that and 3% speed increase is not much. Beside any theurg haste buff will cap you!

Dualist's Reflexes
More chance to Dw and Hurt more!! this one is a winner just don't spec more than lvl III because it becomes expensive.

Determination
With the cheap cost of this ability there is no reason to not get it at lvl III min, Remember it works on all MAGICAL roots snares mez stun but does NOT work on weapon stuns (Slam).

Prevent Flight
Now this one is a mater of playstyle, while being really expensive it really works good for a merc and if you are the one always running after your targets then this one if for you. Do remember it's 14 Points!

First Aid
Was good but is now useless; anyway you need this one at lvl II to have Ignore Pain so get it at II and use it as downtime reducer.

Trip
Small AE 30% Snare for 10 points! too expensive, beside we already have too many timer based abilities.

Grapple
PBAE root on a 30 minutes timer for 14 points having to get Trip first.... Way to expensive for the effects you get.

Whirling Dervish
Upon first look it looks good but 15 minute timer and the cost for only 5% increase in DW chance/damage ROFL dualist's reflexes is 10x better.

Bladedance
Expensive on a 30 minute timer and only does damage compareable to flury on a PBAE scale. Fun to watch but too expensive for the damage it does.

Hail of Blows
Affected by the haste cap and only 5% speed on a timer and expensive! Bad all around to have.

Seccond Wind
Could have been good, slightly expensive but it's the Aug Con III requirement that makes it not wortwhile. Get a pally or End Potions there cheaper.

Ignore Pain
A must have for RvR, you want to compete get this one!

Rain of xxxxxxx
USELESS the damage add is worst that what a mage could give you and the mage one will last a lot longer. at lvl III i had a 30 dam bonus for 60 seconds, Mage give me 26 for 10 minutes FREE!

The Empty Mind
Prety good but the 30 minute timer makes it a last resort only, with cleric buffs maxed resists and this RA you will have casters cry when they nuke you. Good for RR6+ chars

Purge
At the reduce cost this one is a must have! Use it whenever you need to be operational don't waste it against mez use it against shield slam and the likes.

Void
A style that does marginally more damage than flury can be blocked, evaded, bladeturned or even miss on a 10 minute Timer!! This is a waste of points till mythic fixes the style or give us something better do not get this one.

Additional notes
Mastery of pain, it only raise CHANCES to do a crit so it's not always effective. Beside Crits can be from 1 to 99% of original damage so lets say 50% is a good average and you have 10% base chance to crit plus MoP II another 10%. So for a total of 20% chance to crit you get a average 10% damage output overtime. But this damage is not constant so MoP is good damage wise but not constant

Dualist's Reflexes, 3% more DW Chances/Damage so lets say at lvl II compared to MoP II it's only 3% lower in terms of damage (more chance to dw = more damage over time) However this damage add is constant and raise your cap too.

mastery of pain is an extra 2.5% damage on average per point
dualist reflexes is an extra 3% damage on average per point

There you go
i hope it helped the many mercs out there

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by statix
Recently saw this and figured its a good referance for any mercs out their.
Gathered by.
Nalfen 50 Merc Merlin
The Guardians 5L9

Long Wind
Get this one at 1 minimum because even if we have charge remember that we still run quite a lot. Do not get more than 1 if you're a merc it's a waste of points.

Dont take that as a merc...

Next patch you get the RA Charge, which lets you run at sprint speed for xx secs without using endurance.

S

statix

Aye
That is true CrazyMuppit but that sprint runs into your End bar without waring or
notification. And the xtra 5 secs (Afik) you
get from longwind lvl1 will give you that extra bit of sprint .
I suppose if you have a spare point go for it and if you find you find yourself running around and after fleeing casters alot . Which in my case I do , im seriously thinking of getting Prevent Flight aswell
just to make sure they cant run from me :)

F

Flimgoblin

prevent flight ain't just for stopping those skalds/casters/etc getting away...

it's also for stopping charging tanks dead in their tracks :) (move forward, stick tank, start chopping - tank wonders why it stopped dead just out of weapon range from your wizard/cleric)

A

aphid

I cant belive that determination was not mentioned here, 1,2,3 pts for 15% redection in mez and stun.

That's 6pts for permenant reduction of 45%, instead of 4 pts for purge used once every 30 mins.

It's not unusuall to be stun/mezzed/snared 10 times in 30 mins.

S

swords

Determination
With the cheap cost of this ability there is no reason to not get it at lvl III min, Remember it works on all MAGICAL roots snares mez stun but does NOT work on weapon stuns (Slam).

:m00:

A

Aussie-

I heard prefent flight is bugged on duel wielders, it will always proc offhand. nice bug, take it ^^^^

K

K0nah

theres alot he says i dont agree with, but hey we dont all want the same RAs do we ;)

O

old.mattshanes

LOL mastery of pain 2 no more than that he says o_O i have mastery of pain 4 just got recently and does very well,also determination 4 is dam good as for prevent flight i have not tried yet.Oh and dualist reflexes 3 is a definite ra for a merc.

H

Herbal Remedy

prevent flight owns now just wish soruzi would respec out of it :(

A

aphid

mastery of pain is an extra 2.5% damage on average per point
dualist reflexes is an extra 3% damage on average per point

Erm, as I read the decription of the dualist reflexes ability, it gives 3% extra chance to dual wield, ie the left hand has 3% extra of hitting and it don't affect the the right hand at all. So that would mean 1.5% extra damage per level assuming you are not using styles. If you use styles then it's even less of a gain than that.

It looks to me that MoP 3 is better value than Dualist's relexes 2

G

gunner440

weird views but to each his own.

lot of the things i disagree with regarding the common tank ra's tho o_O

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by gunZ-
weird views but to each his own.

lot of the things i disagree with regarding the common tank ra's tho o_O

Agreed lol. He says above AoM 2 you're wasting points? 6 RA points for LOADS of resist? I don't think that's a waste as long as you're high rr :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom