Merc Race/Spec

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
Ive decided to try out a Merc not sure what race to do im 50/50 on Half orge (Crush) and Saracen (Thrust) any advice would help alot :)

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Thrust templates are harder to build, and you'll have lower weaponskill due it being dependent on both str and dex (50/50), whereas crush and slash are 100% str based. Check http://daoc.warcry.com/index.php/content/comparison/armor for damage tables to see what does most damage on what. Crush got a nice anytime combo with stun effect. I don't particularly like the thrust styles when I had it on my arms. Slash I don't know, never played it.

Regarding what class to pick. HO for crush/slash, when going thrust I'm not sure... pick what you find most sexy :p.

tbh ihmo etc ofc.

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Listen to Kci...very ooooooooold player haha :p

/kisses Kci

Think if you want to be Fotm merc..suppose HO would be it.
Used to have a pala for pve that was crush for a long time...altho pala dmg sucks, it did was a nice stun style it had.

And suppose you going to go in assist train with some other mercs...the stun style could help to keep your target close to you.
But in the end, play the race you prefer tbh...depends on YOUR playstyle how good or bad the class will be.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
slash/crush: half-ogre, unless u can't live with the ugliness/size, or value racial resists, in which case go for highlander, 15str 10qui

thrust: half-ogre or saracen, 10str 10dex 10qui

all 3 dmg types are viable and all 3 have useful styles.

crush: by far has the most useful base styles, but this can lead to trading dmg for utility, the stun is lovely however :m00: neutral all mids, bonus 33-50% hibs.

thrust: suffers less from debuffs, but at the sametime u can't just pop 1 charge to restore your dmg when stripped... hard toa templates. neutral all hibs, bonus 33-50% mids.

slash: uber rear style, uber anytime chain(which u shouldn't be using) has the most bonus dmg classes for albs, bonus 50%hibs 50%mids. but also the most negs... 50% hibs 50% mids :mad:

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Make a half-ogre with 15str, 10quickness on creation. Then you'll have a very nice char for whatever spec you decide and can also switch spec if you don't like the first one you take. If you make a saracen, the only viable specc you can take is thrust.

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
nerf, that means my merconnu is a gimp? :(
but atleast i went the whole hog and made him thrust :clap:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I went for thrust on mine; I found slash or crush to be pretty dull. At least as thrust you get to look like a sexy slender slut :p

Templates are harder, but mine's damn good! (ofc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom