Merc Q : dw/shield and avoid pain

O

old.[BF]MaD

My merc spec :
50 DW
39 slash
42 shield
6+ parry

(i have more then 6 parry cuz i trained crush til 40 then respecced slash for autopoints)

Personnally i find it annoying that shieldtanks can swith Pole / shield with qbar and mercs are left doing it via inventory , i know my spec is a bit weird , and not many mercs will have slam (if any) but mythic should fix this "bug" that mercs cant switch DW / shield through quickbar , rvr is bout reaction time , and draggin a weapon over my shield in mid-fight is just not doable ...

please find a way to fix this ...
only serious thoughts / comments please , if u want to comment on the spec too .. go right ahead

keep the flames out of here ... i posted this on vnboards too and got no flames but somehow in EU board i expect something else :p

PS : why does every class and his dog get Avoid pain and mercs dont ? even zerks get it ...

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.[BF]MaD
rvr is bout reaction time and draggin a weapon over my shield in mid-fight is just not doable ...

no shit? ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.[BF]MaD
PS : why does every class and his dog get Avoid pain and mercs dont ? even zerks get it ...

it's pap anyway ;)

but it's annoying.

R

RD_MuDgEtH

Eek!

Sorry a bit off the orignial topic, but I love my parry :) Im going for 37 parry with 44Crush and 50DW, personally I dont care about shields, thats for them plate-wearing wussys we call Armsmen and Paladins(With their wussy chants!).

Im a hardnut merc who can hardly solo yellows because my armour sucks! Yerr!

J

Jiggs

thats what i liked about reavers, just one hot key and u go from slash>>>crush very handy!

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Jiggs
thats what i liked about reavers, just one hot key and u go from slash>>>crush very handy!
What *I* like about reavers is the fact you get to use a whip! :whip: :D

What?

Don't look at me like that!

Theres nothing quite as calming and theraputic as dishing out a good flail-whipping is all I'm saying.... :uhoh:

Anyway, back to the main topic....

Apart from the hot-keying of shields, the main reason not to train shield as a Merc is, in my opinion, the fact that we don't get Mastery of Blocking as an RA. Any shield tank worth their salt will have this to at least level 2, giving them the equivalent of +12 shield! Not having this means that Merc's will never match up defensively to an Armsman or Paladin.

O

old.[BF]MaD

the goal isnt to block a zerg of mids/hibs

the goal is to have some utility in rvr , except braking bubble and dishing out damage

and the issue isnt my spec ....
the issue is the DW / shield switching

i ll try my spec whatever anyone says , just cuz i m stubborn and want to see what its like in rvr ..

avoid pain and shield switching is what i want to see fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom