Merc or Reaver as an alt ??

G

grieff

Hi all

Thinking of making an alt ... which of the two would you choose and why? <which race too>

Thinking in terms of a RvR char ... as I have a Friar for all things PvE !!

So give me your thoughts both as an alb and a realm enemy.

Which is tougher to fight !!

Thanks

Wub You all !! 8)

A

acei

mercenary...

briton...

slash...

50/50/rest parry...

Mercenary > Reaver because of determination

O

old.mattshanes

Briton/sara/inconnu/highlander thrust.

Or highlander crush with 1.65 coming:D

Q

Qwegji-

Merc, any race / spec ;)

Wish Det was not so important/overpowered, maybe my reaver would get more grps.

D

Danamyr

I fail to see what's so special about Mercs TBH. I think Reavers are far more interesting :)

From what I've read, it appears that you need to be a fairly skilled player to get the most out of them (rules me out!), but they have incredible versatility, and awesome damage if you can get the positionals off :)

If you already have a Lvl 50, why not /lvl yourself one of each and have a go? :)

E

-ElemenT-

He does that amount every hit, but duno that they get debuffed or whatever.

C

cHodAX

A Reaver spends half his life mezzed/rooted in RvR whislt the Merc gets a few levels of Determination and is busy killing whilst the Reaver is busy dying. I love my Reaver and solo he is great but as a group player he just doesn't have the tools to do the job. Merc's is the only choice until Mythic start rebalancing the realm abilities or remove Determination from the game, which to be honest they should.

Q

Qwegji-

Been in a few good grps recently with good minstrel/sorc demezz'ers. I have a lot of fun with my reaver, but ppl still would prefer a merc. So I still say merc.

Am thinking about making another merc when ToA comes out. Half-Ogre Crush Merc, like most ppl will be doing i think ;)

E

-ElemenT-

All I know is what I read on VN Boards.... that's his 'normal' damage.

F

fl3a

Originally posted by -ElemenT-
All I know is what I read on VN Boards.... that's his 'normal' damage.

so all you know is utter and complete bullshit

S

Shanaia

tbh I wouldn't even bother rolling a halfogre crush merc... with that insane damage it won't be long till they get nerfed... for a good reason...

Whole of albion whines about Savages ... now we get our own overpowered combo and people who already have a merc are rerolling a halfogre one

Doublestandards4tehwin

E

-ElemenT-

Originally posted by fl3a
so all you know is utter and complete bullshit

Shut the fuck up.
I don't need people to tell me what I know and what I don't know.

V

vindicat0r

Originally posted by acei
mercenary...

briton...

slash...

50/50/rest parry...

Mercenary > Reaver because of determination

Slash is bad for an Alb to use.

Thrust or Crush really. Thrust better but that 50/50 damage spilt with str/dex :( Except Polearms ^^

But I think Half Ogre Crush Polearm will be quite nice actuallly with max crit's of about 1400dmg but slow mofo's to swing. Crush Merc's are nice but with 3 str relic's and some decent gear/RR your bound to hit cap every swing.

F

fl3a

Shut the fuck up.

i am not telling you what you know or what you dont know ;) you said that yourself ("All I know is what I read on VN Boards...."). i was just saying that pretty much everything posted on vnboards is total bullshit

T

Talen

Shut the fuck up.

But... If they are right which he is in this case (If you dont believe me go do the math and then come back)..? There's no chance in hell that he runs around with a 700~dmg cap on his styles on a 1h weapon. That damage would require 500 dmg base which requires him to be attack speed debuffed AND use ToA equipment in order to maximize damage.

So if you really believe that he runs around hitting people for 700 all the time then you truly are clueless :|

Q

Qwegji-

Looking at more of Lokdars posts. His average damage is 400 on main hand. Which is near his cap.

He also says that he hits his cap a lot, and even gets near his cap on resistant armour. Says he seems to do this because of his weapon skill.

Fully buffed with ToA + stat cap armour etc, he has

433 str - 2184 weapskill
346 con - 2580 hp

He uses a 4.2 war hammer(only 16.2) mainhand, and a 3.4spd offhand.

He also talks about he may try slash because of the better artifacts, and because of his high weapon skill he can hit near cap, even on scale or chain.

Think I may make my HO merc a slash merc now ;)

Battler + Malice Axe would look nice ;)

K

katt!

1) I doubt he has max qui/haste etc.

2) Slash/crush = owned by str/con debuff.

Users who are viewing this thread