mentalist specc

S

soth-zorena

How to specc a mentalist for rvr? Light mana .. some figures
??
i've thought 46 mana and 28 mentalism is that a good spec?

D

Danya

If you go mana, go 48 mana.
If you go light, go 45 light.
If you go ment, you're a fool. ;)

Mana is better for large scale RvR (zergs, keeps, etc.)
Light is better for fg v fg RvR, but only really shines with a chanter to debuff for you.

C

congin

Mine will be 45 light, 29 mana, 6 ment...

45 light: nothing more to spec for after 45 except damage which won't be much higher anyway.

29 mana: PoT 3 that will stack nice with serenity and some DoTs and aoe DoTs that will be very much resisted but you still have them in case.

6 ment: just spare points

In bg the char did excellent... let's see about real rvr, still 11 lvls left for that

H

healer_mcheal

go for last dot if u go mana, and rest ment, screw light :p, because if u put low amount in light, u get sucky nukes any way, but if u go rest in ment, then your basline dots will have less variance(sp?) so imo, go for the mana/ment, not mana/light, but i think mana is better than light any way, over time,

N

Nemue

Speccing light over 45 also have the added effect that u can charm slightly higherlvl mobs, apart from dmg and better charm there's no benefit from 45+ light.

As Danya mentioned, a light-nuker will only shine if a chanter is debuffing for you, or if the alb/mid has ditched his heatresists, which you will find, is rarely the case. My guess is that speccing light will be a lesson in frustration, you have nothing but nukes and and charm in the lightline, since the lightspecced dmg is viable only under very rare circumstances (unless u always run with mates that debuff for u). As a mana-ment u will be doing rather slow dmg, keep in mind tho that mids/albs have energyresists on healers/clerics, where healers usually go for pacification and clerics (i guess) will seldom specc high enough to get the 16% version of the resistbuff.

Personally i see no reason at all to go light-specc with the resists at hand.

O

old.Verata

Healer, dropping the rest of the points into light makes a big difference to the damage variance on your baseline nukes - that's why people do it. Personally, I respecced to mana/ment from mana/light and I'm far happier - 250 heals and a 45 sec ghetto mezz that sticks surprisingly often.

Nemue, the problem with speccing full mana is that it takes too long to do anything significant. RvR these days is all about front-loading damage and DoTs are about the furthest away from front-loading as is possible. You may be doing 120 dmg per tick on someone, but you're doing damage over 24 seconds and that's plenty of time for them to get healed.

Personally, I've found my Ment totally owns at keep defences and takes, but open RvR is nothing but an excercise in frustration. Getting dotted seems to be like having a Warden chase you - just carry on with whatever and someone will heal you.

L

Lupin

mana 46 ment 28 light 4 is my ment spec doing ok so far
no point speccing mana 48 imo as spec dots cant stack
base dot and 1 of spec dot can stack tho

you can save group with cure mezz and heal my ment heal 350
light 4 can charm green con mob, once lv1 mob resisted the carm tho :/

if you use base nuke you will need high serenity or raging power as it sucks lots mana

also thinking about respec to light when 1.62 come as charm will be useful then but if you playing ment mana ment is better play eld/chanter if you wanna spec light imo

O

old.Laryssa

45 light
24 mana
17 menta

lightpwns.jpg

D

Danya

Originally posted by Lupin
mana 46 ment 28 light 4 is my ment spec doing ok so far
no point speccing mana 48 imo as spec dots cant stack
base dot and 1 of spec dot can stack tho
Except, with 46 mana you're mezz-breaker-prime. The reason to use the 48 dot is lower power use and you don't break mezz like a mofo.

Currently I'm 48 mana, 24 light, 6 ment. It's a very solid mana ment spec IMO.
I'm going to respec to 45 light, 28 ment, 10 mana when I get a respec stone though - I want the frontloading for RvR fighting more than the uber keep defence abilities.

O

old.Laryssa

the heal is decent, but speccing 28 is useless imho.

if u manage to purge or resist a mez u would be no#1 to die if u start casting the unmez on groupies.

H

<Harle>

On the other hand it is very usefull if only 1-2 peeps in group are mezzed and the bard is too busy sprinting from 25 zerkers. A second char who can demezz comes very handy in those situations. ( Albs always have 2 demezzers in their groups, and if they are not taken care off you can often see how effective that demezz-spell is)

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
the heal is decent, but speccing 28 is useless imho.

if u manage to purge or resist a mez u would be no#1 to die if u start casting the unmez on groupies.
Not if half the group purges at once. Then myself or the bard can demezz the other half. Or if you GP an AE mez, but one or two people got missed and get mezzed. There have been several occasions when I wished I had demezz. :)
Besides which, there's not all that much of use for RvR with half spec in mana, a weak dot, a weak ae dot, power regen (largely not an issue, mcl is what you need in RvR, not crack).
Mentalism gets you a usable base dot (though tbh a nuke is almost always better), decent heals and the demezz. And of course a mez that won't be resisted more often than it sticks.

K

Kobold

45 light
28 mana
6 ment

imo

.....but nm roll a mana chanter and be useful :p

O

old.Tzeentch

eh............................................................

D

Danya

28 mana? Err ok, that's a bit like speccing 41 shield tho... :p

D

Darkdancer.

I thought the spec was 45 light 29 mana 6 ment?

D

Danya

Depends. Light/mana is a better PvE spec, Light/ment is a better RvR spec IMO.

O

old.chipper

i am
46 light
25 mana
13 ment
i havent had a problem in RvR on my end really my nukes are devestating especially if chanter debuffs for me keep taking can be alot of fun aoeing the doors etc keep defence is very boring as aoe nukes you have to cast often cant fire and forget like mana ment this means you die alot more often in keep defence.
my mana is just high enough to giv me pot 3 and an unaffective but annoying aoe dot, also makes my non spec dot quite potent often hits for 150+
ment is lousy heals cost a fortune in power but they are quite stable and i can heal for upwards of 300+ plus i get a 28 sec mez which has saved my life plenty of times

i went 46 light mainly because i wanted to see if my dmg increased which it didnt however i can charm lvl 51+ mobs quite successfully which is gonna come in handy next patch

whichever line you choose make sure you get the last spell of the line

K

Kobold

Originally posted by Kobold
45 light
28 mana
6 ment

imo

.....but nm roll a mana chanter and be useful :p

oops did I say 28...I mean 29 mana ofc for the last ae dot etc :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread