mentalist spec

E

eminemshow

Hi im starting a mentalist was wondering if anyone has a good spec and which skills should i raise 1st?

I

inuyasha

well

Light to 5
Mana to first mana regen (4)
Light to 22
mana to 14 (mr 2)
Light to 35
Mana to 24
Light to 45
Rest mentalism

OOOOR 50 mana rest light

Having tried both sets...i liked the light/mana variant ALOT better :D

But your dots WILL hurt if you go full mana, its true....

BUT dont get fooled easy. Only your spec dots is increased by you +'ing to mana, the baseline dot is in the mentalist line, and will in true words be useless regardless of which spec you choose =)

O

old.Verata

Well, with 18+9 in Mentalism atm, my baseline dot never hits for less than 90 per tick and most of the time does 110+. I'd hardly call that useless...

O

old.Mick

im 45 light, 24 mana and 17 ment

with +10 or more in each skill

ment dots hits for 110+ without fail on a yellow/orange con mob
mana dot hits for 60-80 normally

very nice when nuking things gets boring, u just grab a orange pet and stack dots on the mobs :D

soemtimes i think being a mana spec would be cool (aoe dot an all that), then i think of tzeen and how much he moaned constantly (elf, figures right :p), no regrets

I

inuyasha

:=P

Originally posted by old.Verata
Well, with 18+9 in Mentalism atm, my baseline dot never hits for less than 90 per tick and most of the time does 110+. I'd hardly call that useless...

what do you do with that spec?
Do you single target or are blast for 400+...
OR you dot one of them for 90pr tick?

seriously

and right, 48 mana ;)) rest mentliast or light :D

K

Kobold

umm single dot sux...but I would rather go for this template:

45 light - uber DD
29 mana - good ae dot and mr3
5 ment - leftover points give 21 sec mez o_O

O

old.Mick

considered respeccing to that one, or 45 light 28 ment, 10 mana for remove mezz spell

K

Kobold

tought about that one too...but if in good group it shouldn't be needed, with GP and most have purge or good bard mez first etc...I wouldn''t loose mr3 and and a good ae dot for that....I'm a nuker not a CC'er :p

O

old.Verata

Eternal, have you tried using that 21 sec mez in RvR yet? It gets resisted almost constantly.

My planned spec (for 1.5 levels time) is 36 Mana, 35 Light & 18 Ment. I decided to go with it to get the benefit of both light and mana. Having played it quite a bit in RvR now, the next chance I get I'll be speccing full mana and the rest into mentalism.

I think you actually need to spend time playing your ment in a RvR environment before you can decide on a spec. It didn't take me long to realise I'm a mad dotter, not a nuker :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom