Mend/Aug healer spec advice

O

old.Mu.

Oh hello.

With patch day due tomorrow, I'm finally going to get around to rolling a mend/aug healer, and bumping it to 20. I'm wondering if the more knowledgable of you could help me settle on a decent end-spec (or advise me on going mend/pac or whatever, I'm basically just looking for input).

I usually just go ahead and spec what I think will be best, but I've seen healers get rejected A LOT from RvR groups because they don't have a generic spec that compliments other healers with different generic specs. Kinda worries me, I have enough gimps that people wont roll with. :p

Ok, with that out of the way, the 3 specs I've fiddled around with so far aaare:

30m/44a, for first spread and final celerity.
39m/37a, for second best of almost every type of heal, and also yellow resists and decent celerity..
40m/36a, "big res and rest aug" :p

And lots of other similar variations upon this theme. I'm not *really* interested in pac, as my next char is likely to be a pac healer (so expect a follow up to this thread in a few weeks :p).

Anything really wrong with any of those specs? Is there a much more typical mend/aug spec that I should opt for? And are there any 20-50 xp groups planned that are looking for a healer? :p Usually solo my way there, gunna be weird relying on random PvE groups :p

Ta for the help!

D

Dwarfdeep

I recently started a second healer, going for the 39 mend / 37 aug spec, looked the best imo.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Any of those specs are fine as the second Healer in a group. I'd advise a fairly balanced spec while levelling, though, as all lines have things to offer in PvE. You'll aslo get to play with the various tools and see if you want to be a Mend/Aug or a Mend/Pac. Personally, I prefer Mend/Pac as it's a more active spec.

I'm currently Mend 40 Pac 35 Aug 8, cos I get more from run buff than I would from the first AE insta mez, but that's just me. :)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Dwarfdeep
I recently started a second healer, going for the 39 mend / 37 aug spec, looked the best imo.

That was what my healer is aimed for, all 2nd tier resist buffs, decent celerity/conc haste and the luuuurvly dmg shield/add and self str/con buff, also allows for very nice spread heal healing and both instas at a decent level :)

Z

zapzap

Iam 39m/37a

The self str/con still gives me less hp then good shammy buff ( 37 less ). Good spec but gets better if u have a 40m/36a/p also in group special if u have casters in group.

Just remember to carry 40 pots on u allways have mcl get mota 3 , Purge MOC and PR is also needed and then aim for raiging power. U still have to do single mess and stun and LUL against hibs and 1 power bar is just enough for 4 SH and 1 cc + 1 lul.

Zapsi

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by sharma
That was what my healer is aimed for, all 2nd tier resist buffs, decent celerity/conc haste and the luuuurvly dmg shield/add and self str/con buff, also allows for very nice spread heal healing and both instas at a decent level :)

BTW u dont wanna rvr with u damage shield on and pve hmmm u really wanna keep the agro ? and GL getting clerity of in rvr the range is so small u have to have stick on MA.

Zapsi

O

old.Mu.

I appreciate the replies, will likely be aiming for 39/37. Thanks for the reassurance.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by zapzap
BTW u dont wanna rvr with u damage shield on and pve hmmm u really wanna keep the agro ? and GL getting clerity of in rvr the range is so small u have to have stick on MA.

Zapsi

I was referencing the dmg add/shield to PvE (solo) :)

Z

zapzap

OK now after the buff system is updated, with my selfcon/str i get
1911hp and with a shammy 2050 hp stupid system :/

Zapsi

I

ignore

zapsi you recommend getting mcl2 or just keep mcl?

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by ignore
zapsi you recommend getting mcl2 or just keep mcl?

MCL 2 when u begin saving up for RP. till then a pot and mcl will do the job.

Zapsi

O

old.Sko

mcl2 is must.
pot when you're "in-combat"

what i hate is - pressing moc and just noticing that i`m oom and without pots =D

Users who are viewing this thread