Memory Stress testing

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am looking for a win32 application that can stress test all available memory on the system.

Only condition is that it runs inder WIN32 as I cannot take the server down.

Is there such a beast?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Um

That requires booting to dos.

W

Will

Sorry, I didn't even check it apart from a quick glance, just saw the Windows version and gave you the link. I checked Sandra, but it ain't what you are after either. I've considered something with Cygwin, but I don't have time to look it out from work.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is not for my home pc.

I will boot that into dos when I get the chance. Atm its streaming lots of music to me and i dont want to stop listening to it.

E

Embattle

Windows Memory Diagnostic tool

The Windows Memory Diagnostic tests the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your computer for errors. The diagnostic includes a comprehensive set of memory tests. If you are experiencing problems while running Windows, you can use the diagnostic to determine whether the problems are caused by failing hardware, such as RAM or the memory system of your motherboard. Windows Memory Diagnostic is designed to be easy and fast. On most configurations, you can download the diagnostic, read the documentation, run the test and complete the first test pass in less than 30 minutes.

To run Windows Memory Diagnostic, you must reboot your computer with the disk or CD-ROM on which you installed Windows Memory Diagnostic in the drive. After the reboot, Windows Memory Diagnostic will load and its interface will appear. After loading, the first test pass will begin, using the default standard test suite, and continue until complete, unless Windows Memory Diagnostic is either paused or exited. Once the first test pass is complete, Windows Memory Diagnostic will begin a second test pass using the same settings as before. Windows Memory Diagnostic will continue to run test passes until you exit.

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/mtinst.exe

Be warned is beta and still requires reboot.

P

PR.

Thats pretty handy, when I first built my Shuttle I used generic ram and kept getting Windows errors over and over. I downloaded some RAM testing tools, nothing showed a problem with it. I stuck to my instinct and returned it and got some Crucial stuff, that made everything ok. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom