member of clergy in "sensible suggestion" shocker

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well his magical invisible sky fairy friend certainly won't be happy with that, after all the trouble he went to firing lightning bolts at those stone tablets.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
thought this was rather good

BBC News - Shoplift advice sermon priest criticised

and fair play to him frankly

What a fucking ridiculous thing to say. So shoplifiting is better than robbery or prostitution. So what? (And I wouldn't agree that shoplifting is "better" than prostitution anyway - at least that is an exchange of services); society works by a system of rules and dumbass priests saying "ah don't worry so long as its only a big faceless corporation" is breaking that social contract.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
no-one goes to church so i doubt anyone was there and the people complaining never actually heard the original sermon. Much like the Andrew Sachs/Russell Brand/Jonathon Ross debaucle

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
why doesnt the fuckin church buy some food for em then not like they aint one of the richest factions on the planet or owt is it,

there are countless places in society where the needy and homeless can go for help get a warm bed and a warm meal, this is surely a better option to stealing??

seriously what a retarded thing to say.

and it doesnt matter who heard it its in the national news now so a large portion will have heard it.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
why doesnt the fuckin church buy some food for em then not like they aint one of the richest factions on the planet or owt is it,

there are countless places in society where the needy and homeless can go for help get a warm bed and a warm meal, this is surely a better option to stealing??

seriously what a retarded thing to say.

and it doesnt matter who heard it its in the national news now so a large portion will have heard it.

This

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
some time ago a bishop in the NL said that it was ok for a starving man to take a bread from the baker if he couldn't afford it (or words to that effect).

queue national outrage. why? bread should be free imo, and STILL Will thinks I am the king of the fascists :p

DaGaffer

some time ago a bishop in the NL said that it was ok for a starving man to take a bread from the baker if he couldn't afford it (or words to that effect).

queue national outrage. why? bread should be free imo, and STILL Will thinks I am the king of the fascists :p

Free bread? What are you some kind of Roman senator? Nothing in life is free.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
why doesnt the fuckin church buy some food for em then not like they aint one of the richest factions on the planet or owt is it

Isn't most of their 'value' tied up in land and building ownership? They don't actually have any real funds stored in money form, it's not like they're sitting on a bank account with a couple of billion doing nothing is it? :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Free bread eh? Now all we need is some free butter and we are cracking.

Man can live on toast alone, FACT! :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Although I think I understand where the priest in question is coming from, I believe his comments were ill advised. They will of course be taken out of context and skewed to a large degree by people with all kinds of different agendas, grievances/perceived grievances and second-hand opinons of his religion and of course, the greater spotted common troll out to make sport.

Where it all falls apart is that we don't have genuine full-on poverty in this country. Visit some of the third world countries for some proper poverty.

I applaud his bravery in challenging us to think about why we act as a society in a particular way, I just don't see this method having a beneficial result.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

go away meanie! you were equally unkind when I said that space travel should be free for all humans! Why d'you think I got you that avatar? ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Sure it is, you just need to take it. Everything in life is free, if you take it, because noone owns anything permanently.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Well reasoned. Proper little Plato aren't you?

I just found it strange that you find prostitution to be an "exchange of services", if you consider women being subjugated and demeaned in order to survive on a force fed diet of drugs and alcohol then yes, that is a service.

Shoplifting isn't and never will be worse than prostitution, at best you're stealing from multinational corporations and at worst you're stealing from a small low profit business and decreasing their profit margins.

DaGaffer

I just found it strange that you find prostitution to be an "exchange of services", if you consider women being subjugated and demeaned in order to survive on a force fed diet of drugs and alcohol then yes, that is a service.

Shoplifting isn't and never will be worse than prostitution, at best you're stealing from multinational corporations and at worst you're stealing from a small low profit business and decreasing their profit margins.

Except you're assuming that women are automatically being subjugated and demeaned if they go on the game. Not all hookers are trafficked and by no means all are forced into it. So a woman who decides to take money for sex is quite definitely involved in an exchange. Therefore your assertion that "Shoplifting isn't and never will be worse than prostitution" is demonstrably wrong, it depends entirely on the circumstances. Exhibit A: Dr Brooke Magnanti. Whereas shoplifting is theft no matter how much you try to dress it up in commie "stick it to the man" bullshit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Anyone who thinks shoplifting is okay, or not a bad crime has never worked in retail. Hang the fuckers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The simple answer is that they should rob the church. The lead, for starters.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Except you're assuming that women are automatically being subjugated and demeaned if they go on the game. Not all hookers are trafficked and by no means all are forced into it. So a woman who decides to take money for sex is quite definitely involved in an exchange. Therefore your assertion that "Shoplifting isn't and never will be worse than prostitution" is demonstrably wrong, it depends entirely on the circumstances. Exhibit A: Dr Brooke Magnanti. Whereas shoplifting is theft no matter how much you try to dress it up in commie "stick it to the man" bullshit.

No, not all but i wager the vast majority are. You're living in a dream world if you truely believe shoplifting is worse than prostitution.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Free bread eh? Now all we need is some free butter and we are cracking.

Man can live on toast alone, FACT! :D

So we need free toasters and free leccy now too. Unless you mean we should all make fires, but do you think wood grows on trees or something? And think of the Polar Bears?!!!11!1 :(

And:

I just found it strange that you think all (or even a majority) of prostitutes to be women who've been subjugated and force fed a diet of drugs and alcohol, as opposed to dirty little druggies who've turned to selling their twats for cash because they're too dumb to kick the habit...

:)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I think you would lose that wager if you are talking about the western world. Times have moved on they really have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom