Melee XP Group (just a thought)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
I know PBAOE XP groups are all so FoTM and quick at leveling etc, but im just wondering what a melee xp group would be like? slow to level yes but more effective in RvR i would of thought?

Anyway here is a setup, please add any info, if there is enuff interest i might start one up :)

Paladin
Dmg Dealer merc/reaver/
Dmg Dealer Merc/reaver
Cleric 40enhan
Cleric 41rejuv
Sorc Mind
Theurg PBT spec
Friar

well there it is :)

if there is interest ill take place of Merc

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Mauness said:
but im just wondering what a melee xp group would be like? slow to level yes but more effective in RvR i would of thought?

actually caster groups are better in rvr too... ~~

K

kornkidda

that is true yes, but watching caster groups in emain last few weeks, when they have been interupted 99% they end up dead.

Could just be that happens on the odd occasion. :)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
nerf my m8 not logging out of his account :(, was me the previous post

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe make one of the damage dealers definitely a reaver, that way can guard the pally for even better defence, means the clerics will have to do less work. Also since there will be no benefite to doing the huge pulls of pbae groups and with sorcs mez there may be no need for 2nd cleric, especially if one of the people had a BB outside the group. Of course if taking the group RvR 2nd cleric pretty much essential.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
well with the lack off response doubt it will happen :)

seems albion only ever want PBAOE tbh.

anyway ty for ur reply Holt, having a reaver to guard pala is a good idea (totaly forgot about that :) ), i would use my cleric as an outside buffbot so maybe only having 1 cleric is a good idea.

I chose the sorc mainly for Crack, but could change that for a mincer and he twist PS/ABS at higher level's

maybe have this for setup

Paladin
Reaver
Merc
Merc
Cleric
Theurg PBT spec
Mincer
Friar

Was thinking of maybe making this a pure PvE group (if it ever got running, maybe make a guild out of it?) and rvr for needed Realm abbilities

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, I would be pretty interested in that group, could be pretty good to xp as a team and that setup i guess would be good to go on for ML's and Arti hunts etc. At the moment though I just don't have the time to commit to being on line at a particular time every day or even set days each week or something, otherwise I would be interested

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
thats alright m8, although im interested in this set up aswell, like i said lack of interest i highly doubt it will ever start :)

id only do set days aswell, mainly week-ends and couple nights during week due to RL/Work etc

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Have fun being grappled and dealing with BG if you run a tank group in RvR. :]

Lotheric

Fledgling Freddie
Groborthir said:
Have fun being grappled and dealing with BG if you run a tank group in RvR. :]

What he said. I love playing tanks but I'm seriously considering to retire my merc and arms. A few nights ago me and Sycho faced a hib grp with 2 Battlemasters who just /sticked us and spammed grapple. That made it possible for us to dish out damage about 20% of the fight, while there casters had a easy time nuking us to oblivion. A very lame sight it was, but sadly a very effective one :(

Grapple killed tank grps.

Dark Age of Castalot - Sad but true.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Yep it's bollocks...some fotm bm/hero wanker just sticks and grapples you whole fight zzzzzzzzzzz go fire wiz/spirit caba/body sorc/theurg now if you want to dish dmg.

Damage dealing tank is very hard to kill effectively these days.Doesn't stop me from playing merc but it really can be frustrating :E

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
If it's solely for XP purposes I'd replace the friar with a sight specced necro for AF debuffage.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Lotheric said:
What he said. I love playing tanks but I'm seriously considering to retire my merc and arms. A few nights ago me and Sycho faced a hib grp with 2 Battlemasters who just /sticked us and spammed grapple. That made it possible for us to dish out damage about 20% of the fight, while there casters had a easy time nuking us to oblivion. A very lame sight it was, but sadly a very effective one :(

Grapple killed tank grps.

Dark Age of Castalot - Sad but true.

You mean a cleric firing BoF against a tankgroup making enemy tanks dish out 20% damage?

Or wait, fire SOS so you cant even hit shit :D

Anyhow not defending grapple but the casters where pretty much fucked up pre-TOA because of mercs/savages/zerks/blademasters pretty much 2-3 shotting everything in sight and casters interrupted by the uber level 4 AE-spell from another caster/support class \o/

Best groups are a mix of tanks and casters now. Isnt that pretty fair? You say grapple and bodyguard make tanks useless in RvR; but the irony is that only tanks can grapple and bodyguard.

The only thing not viable is a pure-tankgroup for relying on damage-dealing/killing. And to be honest: That era we had for long enough and it sucked too.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
You mean a cleric firing BoF against a tankgroup making enemy tanks dish out 20% damage?

Now compare Cleric utility to Druid / Healer and tell me that Clerics having a good RA is unjust...it isnt...old discussion.

Puppet said:
Or wait, fire SOS so you cant even hit shit :D

Same. Irrelevant.

Puppet said:
Anyhow not defending grapple but the casters where pretty much fucked up pre-TOA because of mercs/savages/zerks/blademasters pretty much 2-3 shotting everything in sight and casters interrupted by the uber level 4 AE-spell from another caster/support class \o/.

What was fucked up? Tank groups being able to kill caster groups in 8 vs 8 combat? What's wrong with that? When casters are signifcantly better inside keeps and in larger scale combat. Now, if a caster group is better 8 vs 8 open ground combat, you can only imagine the carnage in larger scale keep battles...

Puppet said:
Best groups are a mix of tanks and casters now. Isnt that pretty fair? You say grapple and bodyguard make tanks useless in RvR; but the irony is that only tanks can grapple and bodyguard.

Defensive tanks render offensive tanks useless.

Puppet said:
The only thing not viable is a pure-tankgroup for relying on damage-dealing/killing. And to be honest: That era we had for long enough and it sucked too.

The supposedly best pre-ToA RvR grp according to certain people was Public Enemies, who ran:

2x cloth casters
2x det tanks
4x support classes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom