Melee Scouts

Macht von Schalburg

Fledgling Freddie
Is this possible.. i have no clue about history of this spec, but im midgaard thinking about some alb possebilities...
Scouts can spec shield, as no other stealther class can.
They can get ip
They can get mos
they can get PD..

Basicly its a stealther tank.. though i have no clue on how they do as for damage this sounds as a nice possebility..

Are they so poor when it comes to damage that this aint doable?

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Macht von Schalburg said:
Is this possible.. i have no clue about history of this spec, but im midgaard thinking about some alb possebilities...
Scouts can spec shield, as no other stealther class can.
They can get ip
They can get mos
they can get PD..

Basicly its a stealther tank.. though i have no clue on how they do as for damage this sounds as a nice possebility..

Are they so poor when it comes to damage that this aint doable?
its doable but its hard when low rr

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
as the other guys said it can be done but t low RR very hardwork.

Problem is that yes u do get a shield but ur HP not gona be that high compared to real tanks. only targets ur gona go up againsts rly is other stelathers meaning most of them duel whield whitch takes away 50% of ur shield anyway and with main weapon dammage is not rly worth it tbh. unless as said above ur rly high RR.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Really hard work to play melee scout at low rr thats for sure you really have to play your best pretty much just to win a fight :) an damage is very crap :p

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
A what? a melee? scout? dude. those two words dont fit in the same sentence :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Prepare for a world of slow-motion killing, getting debuffed and evaded to hell by assassins beyond your worst nightmares, dying to adds because fights against the easiest of targets still take long, lacking all kinds of interrupt measures on casters, being short of money because you need so many pots and charges, bad luck with blocking, complete and utter lack of burst dps, keeping track of stun immunity timer at all cost. Prepare for a world of getting griefed so badly you have no idea people can be such unbelievable complete and utter *****. And then you have a great fight, depending on the last hit, you block, you hit, you make the kill.

Fun? Fuck yeah.

I promised myself I would never play a stealther again after I dinged my shade to rr8, but after watching lots of melee scout videos I was unable to resist the temptation of rolling one.

Currently specced 37 stealth, 13 bow, 44 thrust, 50 shield and have a template with full melee bonuses. I carry traitors dagger (for targets like heroes, wardens, thanes, etc), champ weapon (for casters and anything a legendary is not a viable option on, all legendary types (for everyone i know that has a weakness to a certain type).

Can stand toe to toe with much higher rr visuals and (melee) archers, have good fights against every single one of them. In the end I lose more fights then I win, but it sure as hell is fun, and will only improve when I catch up some rr's.

Bottom line: its hard, but a lot of fun.

(video inc in a few weeks, maybe a month or two)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
Prepare for a world of slow-motion killing, getting debuffed and evaded to hell by assassins beyond your worst nightmares, dying to adds because fights against the easiest of targets still take long, lacking all kinds of interrupt measures on casters, being short of money because you need so many pots and charges, bad luck with blocking, complete and utter lack of burst dps, keeping track of stun immunity timer at all cost. Prepare for a world of getting griefed so badly you have no idea people can be such unbelievable complete and utter *****. And then you have a great fight, depending on the last hit, you block, you hit, you make the kill.

Fun? Fuck yeah.

I promised myself I would never play a stealther again after I dinged my shade to rr8, but after watching lots of melee scout videos I was unable to resist the temptation of rolling one.

Currently specced 37 stealth, 13 bow, 44 thrust, 50 shield and have a template with full melee bonuses. I carry traitors dagger (for targets like heroes, wardens, thanes, etc), champ weapon (for casters and anything a legendary is not a viable option on, all legendary types (for everyone i know that has a weakness to a certain type).

Can stand toe to toe with much higher rr visuals and (melee) archers, have good fights against every single one of them. In the end I lose more fights then I win, but it sure as hell is fun, and will only improve when I catch up some rr's.

Bottom line: its hard, but a lot of fun.

(video inc in a few weeks, maybe a month or two)

May have to duel ya sometime :p I always wanted to make a melee scout meself...but have sooooooooooo many stealthers already(3assasins, 2 archers QQ) so kinda skipped the idea :D

/Dracus

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
melee scout is possible the worst stealther to have, it reqiures shitloads of work.....

my 2cents

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
It sucks hard at low rr, at times im wondering if i should have leeched with bow till rr5, but that ruin my goal to be melee scout from rr1 till I got bored.

and its about all what vf says, its hard work to win, and fights often take so long that people will add before you can kill and get away.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Dafft said:
melee scout is possible the worst stealther to have, it reqiures shitloads of work.....

my 2cents

zomg, a challenge ;o

Midnightangel

Fledgling Freddie
my scouts specced 42 shield, 40 bow, 38 stealth and rest slash it was autotrained aswell, i seem to manage ok wih it, i like to be able to hit with bow but if i get jumped to be able to put up a fight.

RejuvFluff

Banned
BlackrazoR said:
You have any idea how much damage a 50-spec Xbow Armsman can do to a caster? :eek7: .
I'm thinking it's something like the same as thrust compared to longbow as xbow is to pole. NOT worth speccing for.
And any caster that alows a armsman to shoot them with xbow deserves to die ;O

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
but after watching lots of melee scout videos I was unable to resist the temptation of rolling one.

which 1's u watched?

RejuvFluff said:
melee scouts is as good as crossbow armsmen.

aye, i allways wonder why i doesnt do any dmg if i use staffs.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
which 1's u watched?

saifangs, kalloth's, vid from high rr german melee scout, and best one i watched was a vid from US servers - my scouts playstyle is for a large part based on what i learned from his vid

few more but im bad with remembering names

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom