News Meanwhile, in Scotland (part 2)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Expect to see a lot of "hurricane" wind related guff today on the news, I was woken by the wind early this morning - the whole flat is shaking, trees are blowing over, fences have been kissed goodbye, the street is littered with anything that isn't tied down.

A bit scary but exciting at the same time :).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16385049

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pics of your non-fence please G.

A real close-up. So you have to go outside. It'll add to the excitement :)

Edit: Got wind in my back garden. But that's just because I went outside so as not to piss the missus off. It's her first day back at work whilst I continue to swan about in an existential crisis when I should really get a job ;)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
More importantly, any trampolines rolled past yet?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It was windy as hell in Manchester, all night. I really should tune my chimney pots to make nicer sounds.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It was bad last night in N.Wales. The windspeeds ranged from 61mph near Chester, 80mph in Snowdonia and 93mph in Gwynedd. We've not lost any roof tiles, but the Brittania bridge to Anglesey is closed to high-sided vehicles. That means a bitch of a tailback with all the articulated lorries queueing to use the old Menai bridge. Thankfully it's a quiet work day so far today.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's even been really "bad" in London. Strong winds and really heavy rain for a bit this morning. Windy all night too though.

Now it's blue skies trying to push the cloud out. South > North.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Was windy in Stafford last night. That's about as eventful as Stafford is going to get.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I recognised the house off Grand Designs straight away; shame, they did a really good job with that house (it had this amazing wooden arch window that overlooked the forth.) Looks like the workmanship wasn't all that though.

I laughed at that one. Yep, it was a nice house but the architect hadn't taken into consideration high winds. If you look at the back of the house - how much of an overlap is there?!

Schoolboy error for an architect IMO :)

rynnor

Rockhound
The last picture on that BBC set made me do a double take - so much rubble on that house but its actually the roof from the tower block nearby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom